Ground-Zero teasing something big...

Just to add that listening to players who soft pick all the time really sets my teeth on edge. I can’t explain it, but I have a really visceral reaction to it and have to turn it off / walk away. Same as people whispering. Can’t stand it.

Just to add that listening to players who soft pick all the time really sets my teeth on edge. I can’t explain it, but I have a really visceral reaction to it and have to turn it off / walk away. Same as people whispering. We should destroy them all.

100%

Like seriously, f*kin losers.
Limp noodle nukkas.
No pick hand having hedasses.

👺

I've got to try out both the MOAB and the Rectifier mods that Ground Zero offers, and they both surprised me in the best way possible!
Also, a really good friend, who has an impeccable taste for amps and tone in general, just got a Hellion, and he loves the amp!
So, I can't wait for this next amp from Jeremy. I think it's going to be nothing short of incredible.

Last edited:
I've got to try out both the MOAB and the Rectifier mods that Ground Zero offers, and they both surprised me in the best way possible!
Also, a really good friend, who has an impeccable taste for amps and tone in general, just got a Hellion, and he loves the amp!
So, I can't wait for this next amp from Jeremy. I can't think it's going to be nothing short of incredible.

I definitely like the MOAB.

That is more musical than a hellion can ever wish to be. 🤝

Honestly. Absolute comments to be found in this thread are hard to bear. This is a forum for exchanging opinions. No need to tell other members 50 times you hate an amp or style. We get it the first time - not your cup of tea. I do not need to read repeating rants and there's no need to convince others that you know better. Sound is a matter of taste, too. It should be informative and fun to read and communicate here in Rig-Talk.

Last edited:
Wanted to chime in and thank everyone for the positive comments and support in this thread. I certainly respect everyone's opinion, even the negative type, and I fully understand that tone is a subjective thing. Don't know that I'd personally approach my opinion in the same way as the OP, but it's a public forum and that's part of life.

The most important lesson I have learned as an amp builder is that I cannot build an amp that everyone will love. There are just too many variables for that to happen. And that's ok. It's why there are so many amps available. If anyone could build the ultimate amp, the rest of us would all be out of business.

What I do when designing amps is make them sound and feel the best they can to my ears and playing style. I get super OCD and will spend hours and hours on the most finite details. A successful amp builder will have an ear and sense of feel that relates to a wide margin of players. That's really what to comes down to. I also always remain critical of myself and solicit feedback from users to improve. You can never stop evolving and learning. I've even updated multiple amps for free for owners because I want them to have the best experience possible. That's more important to me than money. And by the way, there's a lot of easier ways to make money than building amps. It's a passion project, not a get rich project.

As far as the OP's concerns, one person's "plastic and chirp" may be another's "tight and dynamic". Or maybe something was off with that amp or rig that it was being used in. Or maybe it just did actually sound that way... It's the first time I've ever heard that, though. If I heard it more I'd definitely consider changing things or try to understand the issue a little better.

Overall, feedback has been excellent on the amp. Of course, they come up for sale every so often, and it doesn't offend me. I understand the amp buying/ selling/ flipping dynamic. I just sold one to the owner of Axe Palace, who posted on Facebook that it's one of the best amps he's played in a long time. I also sent one to Jeff Loomis (Arch Enemy) to check out. He called me up and told me how much he loved the amp and how he couldn't believe it sounded the way it does without a boost. He ended up buying the amp from me because he had to have it. I don't say any of this to make me look special, and I'm not. But the amp gets a lot of love from a lot of people behind the scenes. Some people don't like it. But it's a much smaller percentage compared to those who do.

Again, I'm not trying to convince anyone my amp is better than anything else. But I figured this would help others understand my perspective and where I'm coming from. It's an interesting journey doing this amp thing. And as always, I'm glad to be a part of the RT community. I do my best to help others out in the tech section, or with advice through PM's etc...whenever I can. Thanks again for all the support!

There are levels to this.

I can understand someone thinking there are better options in a certain price range or whatever, but if you think the hellion clips sound bad i'm curious what other high end type amps you think sound bad?

There's tons of amps that "aren't for me" but I would never go as far as to say they sound bad. One of them being all three revisions of Herbert. I think they sound flubby, and I probably pick more violently than anyone on the forum :dunno:

The only high gainer I thought sounded truly bad recently was the original Iconic demos with the matching cab. And those sound fine with big kid speakers.

Wanted to chime in and thank everyone for the positive comments and support in this thread. I certainly respect everyone's opinion, even the negative type, and I fully understand that tone is a subjective thing. Don't know that I'd personally approach my opinion in the same way as the OP, but it's a public forum and that's part of life.

The most important lesson I have learned as an amp builder is that I cannot build an amp that everyone will love. There are just too many variables for that to happen. And that's ok. It's why there are so many amps available. If anyone could build the ultimate amp, the rest of us would all be out of business.

What I do when designing amps is make them sound and feel the best they can to my ears and playing style. I get super OCD and will spend hours and hours on the most finite details. A successful amp builder will have an ear and sense of feel that relates to a wide margin of players. That's really what to comes down to. I also always remain critical of myself and solicit feedback from users to improve. You can never stop evolving and learning. I've even updated multiple amps for free for owners because I want them to have the best experience possible. That's more important to me than money. And by the way, there's a lot of easier ways to make money than building amps. It's a passion project, not a get rich project.

As far as the OP's concerns, one person's "plastic and chirp" may be another's "tight and dynamic". Or maybe something was off with that amp or rig that it was being used in. Or maybe it just did actually sound that way... It's the first time I've ever heard that, though. If I heard it more I'd definitely consider changing things or try to understand the issue a little better.

Overall, feedback has been excellent on the amp. Of course, they come up for sale every so often, and it doesn't offend me. I understand the amp buying/ selling/ flipping dynamic. I just sold one to the owner of Axe Palace, who posted on Facebook that it's one of the best amps he's played in a long time. I also sent one to Jeff Loomis (Arch Enemy) to check out. He called me up and told me how much he loved the amp and how he couldn't believe it sounded the way it does without a boost. He ended up buying the amp from me because he had to have it. I don't say any of this to make me look special, and I'm not. But the amp gets a lot of love from a lot of people behind the scenes. Some people don't like it. But it's a much smaller percentage compared to those who do.

Again, I'm not trying to convince anyone my amp is better than anything else. But I figured this would help others understand my perspective and where I'm coming from. It's an interesting journey doing this amp thing. And as always, I'm glad to be a part of the RT community. I do my best to help others out in the tech section, or with advice through PM's etc...whenever I can. Thanks again for all the support!
Well said. It's 100% obvious you have passion fuling your designs and put your being into every amp that goes out your shop.

Don't put any stock in what the OP has said. He admitted in another thread to never playing a Hellion

An extra anticdote to show how much Jeremy stands behind his builds and cares about his customers. A Hellion came up for sale 2nd hand and I reached out to Jeremy just to ask where I was on his wait list. He advised me to buy the 2nd hand one rather than wait on him. He said he'd be more happy that I get to have one than make money off a sale. Then later on knowing I bought my Hellion 2nd hand Jeremy reached out to me offering to do updates for free. You don't get that type of devotion to the craft from any ole builder off the street. It shows he cares about his amps and customers.

Last edited:

Very well said my friend, and thank you. NOW PLEASE start offering modifications on broader spectrum of amps...Like say, a three chan Recto or Roadster...Marshall JVM410H (which desperately needs a mod) and maybe some of the 5150 series amps. ok, I'm done...Thanks again.

Honestly. Absolute comments to be found in this thread are hard to bear. This is a forum for exchanging opinions. No need to tell other members 50 times you hate an amp or style. We get it the first time - not your cup of tea. I do not need to read repeating rants and there's no need to convince others that you know better. Sound is a matter of taste, too. It should be informative and fun to read and communicate here in Rig-Talk.
I recommend everyone to put ChuggNorris on ignore like I did. It improved my forum browsing experience tenfold.

Back