New Stryper - End of Days

Why would they name their band after their habits of leaving skid marks in their underwear?
According to the To Hell With The Devil Songfacts, Stryper took their name from a Bible verse Isaiah 53: 5, which says “….by His stripes we are healed.” Stryper they explained was an acronym meaning “Salvation Through Redemption Yielding Peace, Encouragement and Righteousness.”

According to the To Hell With The Devil Songfacts, Stryper took their name from a Bible verse Isaiah 53: 5, which says “….by His stripes we are healed.” Stryper they explained was an acronym meaning “Salvation Through Redemption Yielding Peace, Encouragement and Righteousness.”
Correct. Many Jewish folks skip over Isaiah 53 even though it is Old Testament, because it alludes to Jesus being the Messiah.

Back on topic, I love they are still at it. Sweet has not ratted out his voice, the band is tight. Good stuff.

I have no issues with Stryper's songs that are riff and harmony oriented... Probably because I hardly pay attention to lyrics unless its all vocal driven music like the Misfits or something. I agree though, they sound decent in comparison to all the other MTV glam bands still putting out music in 2024.

Back