Is what Kiesel did okay?

Yehuda

Kiesel did a limited run with the EVH aesthetics- am I the only one who thinks it’s a little scummy to be making money of this- considering he never used their guitars and the money wasn’t going to the family?
IMG_9255.jpeg

"Celebrating PRIDE Month with a SHOCKING EVH Painted Kiesel Guitar (Special discount for AARP members)!!!"
This is almost all of youtube now thanks to the algorithm. The end result of high technology, every video listed as something other than what it is. Try only watching videos that don't have clickbait titles It's become almost impossible. The technocrats telling us to stick that in our card catalog. I want my dewey decimal system. Even the tape measures all seem to now have moron markings on them for idiots that can't read tape, making it even more difficult to read if you can read the tape cause the marks are no longer on both sides, one has a side for people who shouldn't be allowed to touch a measuring tape. Arggggghhhhhh *shakes fist at cloud

This is almost all of youtube now thanks to the algorithm. The end result of high technology, every video listed as something other than what it is. Try only watching videos that don't have clickbait titles It's become almost impossible. The technocrats telling us to stick that in our card catalog. I want my dewey decimal system. Even the tape measures all seem to now have moron markings on them for idiots that can't read tape, making it even more difficult to read if you can read the tape cause the marks are no longer on both sides, one has a side for people who shouldn't be allowed to touch a measuring tape. Arggggghhhhhh *shakes fist at cloud

I refuse to subscribe to youtube channels that have clickbait titles.

It's pretty much left only the scholarly stuff i'm interested in and thats it.

The more time that passes, the more i fucking hate guitar youtube, and especially guitar GEAR youtube.

The slimy relationship with "influencers" and the companies makes me hate the companies AND gear in general.

I refuse to subscribe to youtube channels that have clickbait titles.

It's pretty much left only the scholarly stuff i'm interested in and thats it.

The more time that passes, the more i fucking hate guitar youtube, and especially guitar GEAR youtube.

The slimy relationship with "influencers" and the companies makes me hate the companies AND gear in general.
Outside of the annoying side of things, it’s super immoral to act like an amp is good just because the builder paid you- I’m sure there are people who have seen an amp hyped up in a video, took it as an unbiased review and bought it- only to discover that the reviewer didn’t actually believe that the amp was a “soldano killer” or whatever

Outside of the annoying side of things, it’s super immoral to act like an amp is good just because the builder paid you- I’m sure there are people who have seen an amp hyped up in a video, took it as an unbiased review and bought it- only to discover that the reviewer didn’t actually believe that the amp was a “soldano killer” or whatever

Not to mention the wall of sound IR loader and the world of post FX/eq, which can make amps sound completely different than they actually sound.

I know quite a few people who have been bamboozled by the gear reviewer hype machine. Remember Panama amps? Yeah my friend bought 2. One of them literally caught on fire because of the weird attenuator thing.

How was it determined that these tributes aren't authorized/licensed or that no money goes to the estate?
I recognize that this isn’t hard evidence, but I didn’t see any of the evh accounts share this, and Kiesel didn’t mention any authorization- again- if they did, I will happily delete this, but nothing has given me the impression this was done with permission

I recognize that this isn’t hard evidence, but I didn’t see any of the evh accounts share this, and Kiesel didn’t mention any authorization- again- if they did, I will happily delete this, but nothing has given me the impression this was done with permission
If it wasn't licensed, that's pretty scummy. Just had a ton of my artwork stolen and was being sold by someone else claiming rights to it, so I'm def against that kind of bullshit. Trying to be fair though, I'm gonna give Kiesel the benefit of the doubt, for now. That said; grab the pitchfork if it's theft.

Not to mention the wall of sound IR loader and the world of post FX/eq, which can make amps sound completely different than they actually sound.

I know quite a few people who have been bamboozled by the gear reviewer hype machine. Remember Panama amps? Yeah my friend bought 2. One of them literally caught on fire because of the weird attenuator thing.
“This amp is the new hottest thing! This amp brand is about to blow up!”

So many wasted marketing opportunities! Just add the most annoying O face in the thumbnail, and the algorithm will get them all the views

Might be cool if that was offered in a seven string. What happened to the new and exciting amp that was going to be released last month? Oh wait, I forgot the new and exciting amp is a sim. LOL

I'm sure the EVH estate will be all over this. Knowing Kiesel, I doubt they got approval. They probably figured since it wasn't technically stripes mimicking painters tape that they can get away with it. I would be ashamed if I was them.

Someone should link this tread over at that gay page that shall not be mentioned.

Back