Refinished a Les Paul Custom

How much was the fret job? I want jumbos on my paul…
I'm trying to remember since I also had hardware/pickup swaps mixed in with them. Expensive--I think 750 because of the time involved with stainless. The work is impeccable. They have done 3 total LPC for me and are doing a fourth now. The difference in playability is really noticeable.

Is there a ridge going down the back of the headstock or is that just an odd lighting trick?

Guitar looks dope af!

Is there a ridge going down the back of the headstock or is that just an odd lighting trick?

Guitar looks dope af!
That came out great! What's with the headstock?
Kind of interesting, Gibson calls this the Apex headstock I believe. My 2 "old" axcess guitars from 2010 have the standard curve and my 3 newer ones (post 2018?) all have this apex where it has kind of ridge shown here. I believe it was meant to add reinforcement to combat headstock breaks. Looks really cool in person actually.

DG9ZHvbVYAA6ajS.jpeg

Kind of interesting, Gibson calls this the Apex headstock I believe. My 2 "old" axcess guitars from 2010 have the standard curve and my 3 newer ones (post 2018?) all have this apex where it has kind of ridge shown here. I believe it was meant to add reinforcement to combat headstock breaks. Looks really cool in person actually.

View attachment 320490

You have 5 Axcess ?? Wowww ! I have two. I'm already eyeing some others. they're like drug. Can't have enough LOL

I freaking love axcess pauls, they're out of my price range though lol

That paint job looks amazing man, what killer, killer work
Thanks man. It's definitely feeling more and more out of my price range. My first 2 were when they only made 10 in each color. I got a silverburst and a black beauty and only paid 3k each. Still a lot of money but now that is a lot less than what I have seen lately :/

Thanks man. It's definitely feeling more and more out of my price range. My first 2 were when they only made 10 in each color. I got a silverburst and a black beauty and only paid 3k each. Still a lot of money but now that is a lot less than what I have seen lately :/

Yep, exactly. I don't feel this way about amps, but I don't like buying guitars over the 3k mark simply because I gig all the time and it would just sit at home, you know?

I think I have PTSD from when my norlin lpc black beauty got stolen out of our u-haul - that was my graduation present, my "the one", and now I don't feel comfortable gigging with stuff that expensive

That guitar has popped up on the used market a handful of times, and every time, I try to politely explain the history and if I can buy it back and get ghosted. I guess they assume I am going to come in guns blazing

Yep, exactly. I don't feel this way about amps, but I don't like buying guitars over the 3k mark simply because I gig all the time and it would just sit at home, you know?

I think I have PTSD from when my norlin lpc black beauty got stolen out of our u-haul - that was my graduation present, my "the one", and now I don't feel comfortable gigging with stuff that expensive

That guitar has popped up on the used market a handful of times, and every time, I try to politely explain the history and if I can buy it back and get ghosted. I guess they assume I am going to come in guns blazing
Thats infuriating for sure. I would definitely not recover from that one

Looks awesome. Nothing better than an LP with giant frets.

I have some transparent burst-finished Standards that I think look dorky. I should send them to Pat Wilkins for something cooler like that.

Back