Bare Knuckles?

Man, i have a VHii in the bridge of my PRS CU24 and it's pretty hot. Hotter than most "hot paf" style pickups. Pickups are weird tho, and different bodies and necks make all kinds of difference. I also have a set of Mules for a more true vintage feel, and they may be my favorite pickups ever.

I love BKPs..have them in almost all my guitars...mostly superstrats..ash bodies..various neck woods...I use the Alnico Nailbomb. bridge in almost all.
I did just pick up a Charvel..Okume body and maple neck..put a Duncan 59 hybrid in the bridge and left the Sentient in the neck..loving it.
The 59 hybrid has more power and grease than you'd think..very articulate too.

I tried the Holy Diver but just didn't gel with it..seemed a bit thick and darker than I like. The Cold Sweat set might be a good fit in that guitar.

The Holy diver is excelent pickup for basswood Ibanezes.

I installed True Grit neck pickup in my Suhr Modern Antique yesterday instead of Suhr SSV, which is too singlecoil-ish and weak for my taste and I have to say wow. Very fluidy feel with great clarity, sounds more like neck pickup on 22 fret guitar. Clearer than Liquifire and more gain than Air Norton.
I am tempted to try True Grit bridge, which should be little bit cleaner than SSH+. 13.7 kΩ Alnico V is in ballpark of Rebel Yell or 498T.

Back