Any production rackmount high gain heads worth looking into other than Mesa?

Soundstorm

My Badlander has an issue with the Cabclone out and I'm possibly looking to replace it with something else that can mount directly in my recording desk for convenience. What other options are out there?

The brunetti t star rack is great. Stereo 50/20 watt a side is very cool

Attachments

• IMG_4628.jpeg
    IMG_4628.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 20
Aurora pre-amp?

I have a Mesa JP-2C rack I use in 4CM with my HX-Effects:

Mesa-JP2C-Rack.JPG

I sold my Engl E530 tube preamp, but kept my Engl E850/100 duall-100W rack power amp; I've tried it with my ISP Theta Pro DSP Michael Sweet as a preamp/effects into a pair of Engl PRO E212VHB. I'd like to get an EL34 rack power amp, but the prices are higher than I'd like.

IMG_0334.JPG

If you have a rack tube power amp, a rack helix or fractal for preamps and effects should work great IMO. Something else I've considered.

Also, any thoughts on the Rectoverb 25?
I have the Rectoverb 25 in regular headshell config. I love it boosted with a Maxon 808. I’ve owned bigger rectors, including a Racktofier and the 25 captures the vibe for sure. Obviously doesn’t have the huge lowend of the big boys but you can compensate for that with amp sims and IR’s depending on how you use it. I run mine through an older Mesa 3/4 halfback and I get impressive lowend out of this combo. I actually run mine in tandem with a Mark V 25 watt and the two compliment each other very well.

I have the Rectoverb 25 in regular headshell config. I love it boosted with a Maxon 808. I’ve owned bigger rectors, including a Racktofier and the 25 captures the vibe for sure. Obviously doesn’t have the huge lowend of the big boys but you can compensate for that with amp sims and IR’s depending on how you use it. I run mine through an older Mesa 3/4 halfback and I get impressive lowend out of this combo. I actually run mine in tandem with a Mark V 25 watt and the two compliment each other very well.
Well this is strictly for recording, and all that recto lowend is useless for that. So as long as it has the general tones of the big boy Rectos I don't need the low end.

Aurora pre-amp?

I have a Mesa JP-2C rack I use in 4CM with my HX-Effects:

View attachment 321432

I sold my Engl E530 tube preamp, but kept my Engl E850/100 duall-100W rack power amp; I've tried it with my ISP Theta Pro DSP Michael Sweet as a preamp/effects into a pair of Engl PRO E212VHB. I'd like to get an EL34 rack power amp, but the prices are higher than I'd like.

View attachment 321435

If you have a rack tube power amp, a rack helix or fractal for preamps and effects should work great IMO. Something else I've considered.

Nice setup! I can't find any info on the Aurora preamp at all, but it sounds pretty good!

Reactions: rsm
Well this is strictly for recording, and all that recto lowend is useless for that. So as long as it has the general tones of the big boy Rectos I don't need the low end.
Honestly, if you are after the recto vibe for recording, I would just get a Syn 1 and the DRECT module. It sounds like a Recto, no doubt about it.

Back