NAD: My first Bogner

some of those IRs sound really good

Dude, @easstudios /Ed’s IR’s are some of the best around PERIOD. I use his, titan audio, sometimes the GGD Cali pack, and some custom IR’s made for me, that’s it. And even then, Ed’s would suffice completely. None of these other big IR venders come close to Ed’s sfuff. Ed is the man, and has a GREAT ear, one of our best here.

Dude, @easstudios /Ed’s IR’s are some of the best around PERIOD. I use his, titan audio, sometimes the GGD Cali pack, and some custom IR’s made for me, that’s it. And even then, Ed’s would suffice completely. None of these other big IR venders come close to Ed’s sfuff. Ed is the man, and has a GREAT ear, one of our best here.
Awesome to hear! I had never heard of them until now.
I'll have to check it out.

His uber sounds better than my uber so i'm keen to tinker some more.

a rev green Uber appeared on eBay here which NEVER happens in the UK. had to pounce and got lucky, its an amp I've dreamed of owning for 20 years. absolute monster of an amp, everything I hoped it would be. Its a bit more "caveman" than the new Uber Ultra (which seems killer too), but for THE uberschall tone this is hard to beat.

View attachment 241595

A few quick tones:

knarly

enjoy your new amp

Yes it does. Maybe even bigger. I usually run the bass at almost off, even when boosted, because the low end is so massive.
I find this interesting. I think these Rev 2’s must vary a bit from one to the next. I was expecting tons of bass and a dark overall tone based on my experience with the rev blue, but the rev 2 I have is quite bright and I have the bass up at 2 o’clock for the hard rock stuff I do. I keep the gain at like 10-11 o’clock and hit it with a light boost. Really an amazing amp

I find this interesting. I think these Rev 2’s must vary a bit from one to the next. I was expecting tons of bass and a dark overall tone based on my experience with the rev blue, but the rev 2 I have is quite bright and I have the bass up at 2 o’clock for the hard rock stuff I do. I keep the gain at like 10-11 o’clock and hit it with a light boost. Really an amazing amp

There does seem to be a bit of variation between Rev 2s. Mine is number 336, a later-vintage Rev 2 that seems more focused on the low end and lower mids than some of the earlier Rev 2s I’ve heard in person and online. Obviously, speaker and cab choice go into that as well, but there does seem to be variation between individual amps.

Not hijacking my homey Ed’s post, but the helix really is killer, he really speaks the truth, it’s the closest I’ve heard. I thought this when I bought the helix plugin last year and everytime I hear it, it’s pretty damn spot on me. Just a clip of the helix Uberschall with one of my favorite 1960BV cab IR’s, single 57.

Serious doomsday machine vibes here. PRS, custom 24, 85/15 pickups… also, the most underrated pickups ever for low tuning.

https://on.soundcloud.com/eZqMDkGvwDPQMvHy5
Damn, that sounds vicious!

Do you have a link to the website for these IR's? I'm impressed by the tone you have in that Soundcloud clip.

Mine definitely isn’t mental with the bass control - it’s certainly got some heft to it but I can run it pretty high without things getting too OTT. Certainly not like a Rectifier where I’m rarely going over midday on the bass control.

I think the channel and master volume and presence controls have a lot of influence over the low end and speaker damping, and I think with the mids set lower it can feel like the amp is quite bassy.

I’d also describe mine as fairly bright (which I like) and it definitely has a good amount of weight to it in the lows. Maybe somewhere between a Rectifier and 5150 with both top and bottom end.

Do you have a link to the website for these IR's? I'm impressed by the tone you have in that Soundcloud clip.

I wish I could share those that I used but I can’t unfortunately man, I’m sorry about that. But, again, eds/ @easstudios IR’s are just as good as anything that I use that isn’t his stuff. Really, really great.

Back