Megadeth at Hellfest 2024...WTF

You're making the assumption that Mustaine had a decent voice to begin with.

I love Megadeth and Dave's vocals are a part of their sound. He can hold pitch well enough, but a great singer he never was.
He didn't. It was grating to my ears. That is why I never was a MD fan. I do appreciate the music itself and the riffs over the years though, no doubt.
Guy had throat cancer, give him a break.
Kirk had practicing the guitar regularly cancer, give him a break.

Guy had throat cancer, give him a break.

Not to mention if we're taking into account the effort each band has put into their newer albums

Anyone who says "The Sick, the Dying... and the Dead" is worse than 72 Seasons is probably due for a brain cancer diagnosis

Megadeth certainly has some filler, but you can tell Dave is actually trying to write good music

Metallica hasn't written music worth listening to for as long as my girlfriend has been alive

The mix and the band was amazing. Dave did pretty good. Even if he couldn’t push it like he would want to, he kept the melody lines pretty good and definitely played great. With what he’s been through with his hand and the cancer, it’s pretty awesome to see them still throw down. I’d take this over any Metallica show of recent memory.

The mix and the band was amazing. Dave did pretty good. Even if he couldn’t push it like he would want to, he kept the melody lines pretty good and definitely played great. With what he’s been through with his hand and the cancer, it’s pretty awesome to see them still throw down. I’d take this over any Metallica show of recent memory.

Yup, honestly this reaffirmed my previous belief that Megadeth has aged far more gracefully :dunno:

Dave’s a metal icon. Good days, bad days….whatever. Been through a lot. I don’t give a shit if he’s unable to perform at a high level these days.

I shit on Metallica because of the songs they are putting out. I still dig James's voice. But the latest Megadeth smokes most of what metallica has put out since Load. Hell...the new Body Count tune makes Metallica look like pansies.

And BTW, James's voice is the ONLY thing that still kicks as in Metallica.

i just hate to think how these threads are gonna become the norm now with these aging metal bands, as it already has with some for a long time now. Slayer hung it up at the right time

I love megadeth but the last album didnt blow my dick off, i listened to it alot but it didnt grow on me, distopia was much better imo. I liked metallica 72 seasons more than the last megadeth, might not be as technical or flashy but i like it better which wont be a popular opinion around here but i dont care.

My guy, all of us who love Megadeth love them while recognizing and even joking about Dave's shit voice and "singing"

All you guys are posting about shitting on metal bands and I'm the one actually sitting on the toilet while I read this.

:checkthisout:

Back