i just love it!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter RaceU4her
  • Start date Start date
Here's a 'secret' poverty rig for ya...

Years ago, before I was here on RT but had started buying/flipping gear (prob 2010 or so) I bought a Crate Stealth for 150...the 50 watt with 6V6s, as a backup. Killer amp, designed by Lee Jackson and according to some, his best work next to modded Marshalls. I ended up grabbing 5 super cheap, and started to sell them for 3-400 on Craigslist. Well, Jeff Blando (Vince Neil, Saigon Kick) contacted me and wanted to grab it off eBay. He was playing the Northwoods Rock Rally with Vince and needed a backup. Gave me tix, super cool guy. He ran a Marshall stack...but I knew the sound guy, and he said "No, his Marshalls are on, but on standby....he's got some Crate amp behind them running through a crate 412....I think he said the half stack is worth maybe 400 bucks!"
Turns out the Marshalls were hollow props with working lights....Jeff was endorsed by Crate years ago so he has storage units in Vegas where he lives, stacked full of all the Stealths you could imagine and keeps buying them up when he sees them. Lol

Here's a 'secret' poverty rig for ya...

Years ago, before I was here on RT but had started buying/flipping gear (prob 2010 or so) I bought a Crate Stealth for 150...the 50 watt with 6V6s, as a backup. Killer amp, designed by Lee Jackson and according to some, his best work next to modded Marshalls. I ended up grabbing 5 super cheap, and started to sell them for 3-400 on Craigslist. Well, Jeff Blando (Vince Neil, Saigon Kick) contacted me and wanted to grab it off eBay. He was playing the Northwoods Rock Rally with Vince and needed a backup. Gave me tix, super cool guy. He ran a Marshall stack...but I knew the sound guy, and he said "No, his Marshalls are on, but on standby....he's got some Crate amp behind them running through a crate 412....I think he said the half stack is worth maybe 400 bucks!"
Turns out the Marshalls were hollow props with working lights....Jeff was endorsed by Crate years ago so he has storage units in Vegas where he lives, stacked full of all the Stealths you could imagine and keeps buying them up when he sees them. Lol
That 6v6 stealth is a firebreather

i cant tell exactly what randall that is?? i think its one of these??

iu

as someone who has played some pretty huge shows with even worse poverty gear than this, i totally back the sub $1k full stack guitar included rig :LOL:

Municipal Waste makes similiar music. Quite nice!

Absolutely nothing wrong with that! I kept watching thinking they were probably praying it wouldn’t rain again lol

Back