Wish Billy Squier would tour.

4oxhkG.gif

As long as he promises not to do this.

Billy is being awesome. I thought I read somewhere he used to tour with a real 59 burst! lol
Billy was a real tone freak. Had all the Marshalls modified and knew what he wanted to get out of them. Always had choice guitars. I believe his tele was a 60's one as well as the 59 burst. He could have used gear from the early 80's but I guess he knew tone.

Mack sure knew how to get an amazing guitar sound in the studio. Between The Game and Don’t Say No he got some of my absolute favorite tones. I should have thought of him for that Producer wish list thread a while back.

Um --you're kidding --right??? Go look those up . They never have not been worth alot of money except in the very early days .

I was just doing the math that Billy was touring with a 22 year old guitar in 1981 and compared it to a 22 year old guitar in 2024. So yeah kidding and not taking this too seriously which is why I ended my post with a "lol".

A '59 burst was around $3-5k in the late 70's which was a lot of money at the time.

I met Billy when he showed up to a Alice Cooper Tribute gig I did in '98

He was humble and cool AF as I gushed over him about the Don't Say No LP.

Class act, but didn't Jeff Golub have a ton to do with the guitars on his stuff?

I met Billy when he showed up to a Alice Cooper Tribute gig I did in '98

He was humble and cool AF as I gushed over him about the Don't Say No LP.

Class act, but didn't Jeff Golub have a ton to do with the guitars on his stuff?
He joined up with Billy after the Don’t Say No album was recorded but is in the videos and tour for the album. He was on the following 3 albums

image.png

PortraitImage_Squier.jpeg

warrenamps.jpg

big_RatRig1.jpg

Nr34.jpg

Frank Levi did Squires amp work. Frank then worked on RATT's Marshall on tour the first few albums.
Frank also worked for SIR studio rentals in NY & LA and reworked those amps including but not limited the AFD amps.
I kid Squire about the "prancing" video [bad advice from a choreographer] Billys always been rightous with Marshall tone.

Thank you for sharing all of this. Great photos! Looks like he was a big time tone connoisseur. Did he possibly have 2 bursts! Man I wonder what he did with all his gear? Warren always had spectacular tone too. Too bad Frank Levi passed away.

Back