Dogs, why can't they live forever

• Thread starter Thread starter Artjr
  • Start date Start date
We lost our miniature schnauzer years ago, and it 100% felt like our child died. All the range of emotions, it was hard as hell, still is.

They become our children, and our children are supposed to outlive us, but dogs don't have the lifespan.

Sorry for your losses.
Thanks Nutz.. Don't expect from me much, but we all human after all.

Sitting here in SC right now. Had to make an emergency trip. Prays needed for my youngest sister. The Cancer thing sucks, it only happens to people it that don't deserve it. She wasn't feeling good for the last 2 weeks. Started having dizziness, headache and ear aches. Other sister took her to hospital. She has cancer in brain, lungs and stomach. This is a person that's never smoked drank or drugged. It's tearing me up.

Oh man, so sorry to hear this brother!

Healing thoughts and prayers sent your and her way man.

A friend of mine once told me, “A good dog is hard to find. Even harder to lose.” I had to have my boy Griff put down a little over a year ago. He had been with us for 15 years. It was a tough decision, but had to be made. Had to pick him up and carry him to the vets office. My sympathies to anyone who has had to deal with the death of a pet.

036C7735-C348-4940-89E1-5E5B364E438C.jpeg

D3DA96C5-9D6E-43F1-B3EA-35D630B993B5.jpeg

703E180F-6BAB-41B8-9AD7-084A52B1AE5B.jpeg

08386C32-6875-42ED-AF0E-9F9DFA1D7B32.jpeg

Hey @T.V., your friend's words really struck a chord with me, "A good dog is hard to find. Even harder to lose." I'm so sorry to hear about Griff. Fifteen years is a long time, and I can only imagine the hole he's left in your life. It's an agonizing decision to have to make, but sometimes it's the most humane one for our furry family members.

Let's see...

Join a guitar forum and first post is to bump a 7-month-inactive thread to reply to a banned member about dogs.

Avatar used across hundreds of Russian sites, but you're from India, right?

Classic stuff.

Bant! :banhim::gethim:

Bant - Clint & Clyde.gif

Sitting here in SC right now. Had to make an emergency trip. Prays needed for my youngest sister. The Cancer thing sucks, it only happens to people it that don't deserve it. She wasn't feeling good for the last 2 weeks. Started having dizziness, headache and ear aches. Other sister took her to hospital. She has cancer in brain, lungs and stomach. This is a person that's never smoked drank or drugged. It's tearing me up.
Sad update, I lost my Sister Michelle on Monday 6-24-24. I started this post when I lost my 2 dogs within 2 years. My sister must have been thinking about me, Im a new daddy to her Jack Russell Chloe
IMG_3165.jpeg

Last edited:
Geez man, sorry to hear about your sis'. ❤️

Dog's a cutie. Hopefully you can handle the constant reminder by having her there with you.

Geez man, sorry to hear about your sis'. ❤️

Dog's a cutie. Hopefully you can handle the constant reminder by having her there with you.
Thanks Monkey, I want the constant reminder. I would have done anything n the world for her. Its one of the hardest things Ive even gone through. She was a sweetheart, never drink never smoked never sinned. Way too young to go. 😢

Sad update, I lost my Sister Michelle on Monday 6-24-24. I started this post when I lost my 2 dogs within 2 years. My sister must have been thinking about me, Im a new daddy to her Jack Russell ChloeView attachment 321147

Sorry for your loss man. Glad the pup has someone in the family to comfort her.

I just lost my mother Monday, and it's really getting to me. I feel your pain.

Sad update, I lost my Sister Michelle on Monday 6-24-24. I started this post when I lost my 2 dogs within 2 years. My sister must have been thinking about me, Im a new daddy to her Jack Russell ChloeView attachment 321147

I'm so sorry for your loss. May God's peace be with you. I hope Chloe and you have many meaningful years together. She's beautiful.

I'm sorry for your loss. I've lost both of my parents so I can understand what you are going through. It won't always be rough. There will come a time when the momories make you smile. May God's peace be with you.

Sorry for your loss @CrazyNutz , also thank you @mrmega and sorry about your parents.
Been kind of hard dealing with my mother, shes 82 and she dont understand why her daughter is gone. Each time we tell her she forgets and we have to tell her again the next day. She cry's everytime , very sad.

Last edited:
less than 2 years ago I had to put down my boy after 15 years. One of the hardest things i've ever had to do. Now my baby girl (Jack Russell) 14 is getting to that point. I hate this shit.
I know the feeling, it's so hard. Dogs are awesome I wish more people were like them.

Sorry you have to go through it soon.

Peace out Bro.

Back