Maybe it actually works....??

GuitarGuy08

Welp. I have to say that maybe, just maybe, all of the madness actually does have a method......

If a Larry came up around locally and I had the extra cash, I'd have to get it. How could I not? Would I ever play it? Answer me this: Would I even have time to - seeing as I would post it on RT and other places and watch people go crazy.

Probably just set the amp up like a taxidermied mythical creature and post random pics around the internet to see what fires are started.

Seeing the repeated Larry spam posts did the trick. I'm hooked.

Edit: It's a joke guys, I don't actually want a Larry. For those who do not know, he posted the same, long comment, on multiple threads all over the site. I do not think it is the best business tactic.

Last edited:
2 things.
And I don’t care who calls me out on my Larry. Shouldn’t matter what people think of what you have or don’t have; Only you.

There was a thread the other day about dream amp…. My dream amp was always a SLO 100 from way back when I was in college ~ ‘91. Now, I have one. It’s not my favorite amp but I do use and love it.

My favorite and definitely my BEST amp is the LARRY. It just is; at least for ME. Does everything for ME. It’s pretty much my “Dumble”.

Btw my pronouns today are Me, Myself, and I.

Welp. I have to say that maybe, just maybe, all of the madness actually does have a method......

If a Larry came up around locally and I had the extra cash, I'd have to get it. How could I not? Would I ever play it? Answer me this: Would I even have time to - seeing as I would post it on RT and other places and watch people go crazy.

Probably just set the amp up like a taxidermied mythical creature and post random pics around the internet to see what fires are started.

Seeing the repeated Larry spam posts did the trick. I'm hooked.
So you’d spend 6k on an amp just to parade around on the interwebz to excite and incite total strangers?
Cool man….

What were the spam threads?
They were actually spam posts. Have a look at his recent activity: https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/search/1162746/?c[users]=novosibir&o=date

Basically, him and a customer (@thegame) are at odds with each other and the customer listed in his signature the issues he had with Larry, from his perspective. Larry then decided to go to each thread the customer made an appearance in (related or not to their squabble), copy the signature of the customer into a quoted reply, and spam a wall-of-text response to the customer's signature.

2 things.
And I don’t care who calls me out on my Larry. Shouldn’t matter what people think of what you have or don’t have; Only you.

There was a thread the other day about dream amp…. My dream amp was always a SLO 100 from way back when I was in college ~ ‘91. Now, I have one. It’s not my favorite amp but I do use and love it.

My favorite and definitely my BEST amp is the LARRY. It just is; at least for ME. Does everything for ME. It’s pretty much my “Dumble”.

Btw my pronouns today are Me, Myself, and I.
This.

Whether or not the original builder has drama/controversy or not, HOW THE AMP SOUNDS/FEELS should be the only thing that matters. C+, Larry, Cameron....those 3 seem to be pretty polarizing around here for some/most.

I honestly could give 2 shits on anyone's 'feelings' towards whoever created the amp..if I have an opportunity to grab another Cam, C+, or a Larry for a good price I'll do it.
Killer amps, are killer amps REGARDLESS of the drama/history. And, that's why we're here right? For gear.

They were actually spam posts. Have a look at his recent activity: https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/search/1162746/?c[users]=novosibir&o=date

Basically, him and a customer (@thegame) are at odds with each other and the customer listed in his signature the issues he had with Larry, from his perspective. Larry then decided to go to each thread the customer made an appearance in (related or not to their squabble), copy the signature of the customer into a quoted reply, and spam a wall-of-text response to the customer's signature.
This is the exact reason I made the thread. Thanks for explaining to those who may have missed it or may not understand why I made the post.

The absolute insanity of Larry posting the same message on everything he could.... Does he think this will improve the way anyone perceives him? It's absolutely, well, insane looking.

Hey older generation - the internet WILL make fun of you. The best way to get by it basically is to just not respond or ignore it, not sink your teeth into it like a rabid dog.

I don't see the point of owning any amp you can't trash at gigs with beer spills and ciggy burns. Thems toys, not tools.
This is perfect. I tell my little one all the time, "That's a tool, not a toy."

I let her play with my pedals and strum the guitars, etc. We do not, however, treat them like a toy. They are a tool, with a specific purpose and use. If you can't use a tool for it's intended purpose.... not very useful, is it? That being said, i have no qualms about having gear that you keep for just your own pleasure. To each his own. Most players aren't worried about going out gigging anyway tbh.

1336085389788_1319331-2470195767.png

I have some really nice amps and guitars that I love to play and do play pretty much every day. I’ve been playing for hours every day to keep up my chops for gigging.

My kids found it enjoyable when I just sat there dialing in a low E for about five minutes trying to make it as tight as humanly possible without flubbing out.

“Dad, the whole house is shaking”

Before the pandemic hit, I was in talks with Larry about having him make a preamp but then I bought my Mesa Boogie quad preamp, and that settled that itch.

Back