Diezel VH4 vs VH2 - Interesting

The madman actually did it.

That’s wild that he had to max out the Deep on the VH4 to get it close to the VH2. I think the VH4 has plenty around 12-1 o’clock. Just goes to show how much low mids were added to the VH2. It’s nice to hear the differences.

Last edited:
I have to say that in my opinion the last thing the Diezel VH amps need is additional "thickness" in the bass, or low-mids. For me, the VH4 sounds better in this video. That said, I haven't directly compared a VH2 to my VH4 and a few guys around here (with good taste in tone) prefer the VH2 channel 2 to the VH4 channel 3.

Last edited:
If I had only one complaint about the VH4, it would be the monstrous low end. Not sure what was going on in that video. That said I think I could be perfectly happy with a VH2. I don't need all the extras of the 4.

Actually liked the VH2 better, cool to hear someone shoot these out. Herbert is for sure more my thing, since I play low tuned metal shit but these sound great.

Was really surprised he had to dime the Deep. I’ve never felt the need to crank the Deep on my VH4 and low end is definitely not lacking! My VH4 is only a few years old so I’m assuming its the same revision as the one in the video, but who knows. Maybe they’ve changed it a bit since.

Was really surprised he had to dime the Deep. I’ve never felt the need to crank the Deep on my VH4 and low end is definitely not lacking! My VH4 is only a few years old so I’m assuming its the same revision as the one in the video, but who knows. Maybe they’ve changed it a bit since.
100%. I kept the depth presence near noon and had massive low end. Something isn’t right me thinks 🤷‍♂️

I’ve actually learned that yes I like vh4 more just because of punch . The vh2 sounds better quiet I think . I started playing them back to back and it came down to a punch with a tad more grind on vh4. I know I flipped on this but I did the work to figure this out

For me to part with my VH4 in favor of the VH2, the VH2 channel would have to be considerably better than the VH4 channel 3 and 4. The versatility that I would be sacrificing by giving up channels 1 and 2 would be very hard to justify otherwise. We also rarely talk about channel 2 on the VH4...It is an outstanding voicing in the vein of a deeper, richer modded 800 style tone. If you know how to use your guitar's volume knob, and own a good boost...You can go to clean to crushing on this channel alone. It's that good, particularly on the latest VH4 revision.

Agreed...The VH4 with the deep at noon is thicker than almost any amp I have ever played.

Back