Anybody still rocking RA100

I don’t have mine abt its but I found it anemic but I’m more hard metal. But all in a all it was a great amps

I still have one. I don't play it as much as I should but I still really like it. It wouldn't be my pick for super heavy/articulate modern metal but I am a big fan of the core tone. Super thick and full sounding and gets gainy in a good classic way, and I also really like the reverb sound although it'd be nice if it were footswitchable. Also the power soak is pretty neat, since it's a real deal post-power attenuator. I'm not a big attenuator guy, don't even own a separate unit, so it's a cool novelty to play around with on this amp for me.

Oh and for whatever its worth, I like the RA100 a whole lot more than my Triple Crown, which I'd argue is the continuation of the RA/TA line of amps. Not that the TC is bad, just a little less... unique sounding.

Edit: I see in your sig, I also have a Stiletto V2, and I like it more than that amp too. Personal preference of course.

I still have one. I don't play it as much as I should but I still really like it. It wouldn't be my pick for super heavy/articulate modern metal but I am a big fan of the core tone. Super thick and full sounding and gets gainy in a good classic way, and I also really like the reverb sound although it'd be nice if it were footswitchable. Also the power soak is pretty neat, since it's a real deal post-power attenuator. I'm not a big attenuator guy, don't even own a separate unit, so it's a cool novelty to play around with on this amp for me.

Oh and for whatever its worth, I like the RA100 a whole lot more than my Triple Crown, which I'd argue is the continuation of the RA/TA line of amps. Not that the TC is bad, just a little less... unique sounding.

Edit: I see in your sig, I also have a Stiletto V2, and I like it more than that amp too. Personal preference of course.
There is a reverb jack inside the chassis for switchable reverb

Sold mine. Don't really miss it.

But, if one falls in my lap for a good price......I might try it again.

I think my Stiletto tamed my desire for a Royal Atlantic. I kinda felt like the RA was just an updated Deuce with modern features. Would I like it more than the Stiletto? Is the power soak worth it?

Back