Desert Eagle

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date
George has really endured and is one of the top guns from the 80's guitar scene. Guitar looks very cool and is a bargain considering the signature model costs $6K. I built a frankenstein with an ebony board and alder for the body because of George. Guitar has the upper mids more than any other in my stash. Hope George keeps going with his endeavors.

The one I got was a total turd. QC issues galore. The '78 was the only true highlight. Great pickup!

Attachments

• original.png
    original.png
    379.7 KB · Views: 29
The LTD Desert Eagle I got, two months ago, is an excellent guitar. It arrived new in the box, and ready to play. Maybe I lucked out? I dunno.
I have 3 of the LTD Lynch models, and all 3 are outstanding guitars.(Burnt Tiger, Kami 4, and the Desert Eagle)
I found the Duncan ‘78 to be a hair too bright for my tastes. But, I do like how it responds to my picking. Go figure.

I've never played an LTD lynch that wasn't crap. Probably luck of the draw but still
I've got an older ltd strat from the Lynch line and it kicks ass...that said, it was relic'd and setup by a luthier who had it as a project guitar so that prob had something to do with it. I'm never selling it.

If i were to buy a kamikaze, it would be the Edwards version.. hate the truss rod adjustment on these though, makes no sense.

I've got an older ltd strat from the Lynch line and it kicks ass...that said, it was relic'd and setup by a luthier who had it as a project guitar so that prob had something to do with it. I'm never selling it.

probably. I've played a couple of ESP custom lynches that were phenomenal guitars, but every LTD i've played probably needed 20 hours of fret work and setup to become usable

I'm guessing the luthier put the 20 hours of work into it before you got it lol

probably. I've played a couple of ESP custom lynches that were phenomenal guitars, but every LTD i've played probably needed 20 hours of fret work and setup to become usable

I'm guessing the luthier put the 20 hours of work into it before you got it lol
You might be right, i remember him telling me he did fretwork and set it up... the thing is so good. I should find this guy again and have him set up my japanese yjm strat. That thing is a bit of a dog.

The LTD Desert Eagle I got, two months ago, is an excellent guitar. It arrived new in the box, and ready to play. Maybe I lucked out? I dunno.
I have 3 of the LTD Lynch models, and all 3 are outstanding guitars.(Burnt Tiger, Kami 4, and the Desert Eagle)
I found the Duncan ‘78 to be a hair too bright for my tastes. But, I do like how it responds to my picking. Go figure.
Agreed, the LTD Kami IV I had really impressed me.......

I just replaced the Duncan ‘78 with the Duncan Alternative 8. Yowza. That’s the ticket.
Despite being fairly “hot”, the Alternative 8 has really nice string-to-string definition. I’d call it slightly mid-scooped, but not so much where it sounds like there’s a hole in your eq.

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago from Drum City Guitar Land. Played it in the store and it was damn near perfect so I had to grab it. I've had two excellent ESP Lynches and this one is almost as good in all aspects but the fretwork, and the (stainless) fretwork is good enough for me to be happy with it. IOW as good as this particular one was at $1700, there's no way I could justify $7K for the ESP. Definitely pays to try them out before you buy if possible.

The '78 seemed OK for my style (thrash metal) until I played it in the band, and both my guys told me right away that they couldn't hear any definition from me- the PUP was too "soft" for rhythms. I switched back to my EMG guitar and they could hear me again. So, it'll be pulled & I'll try some other options.

That said I do really like the lead tone on the '78.

I had the.50 AE version. Overrated. Couldn’t find or afford ammunition and forget carrying concealed. Better off with a smith or ruger short barreled .44….imo…ohhh wait…never mind..cool guitar bro….

Back