Got a Marshall Silver Jubillee Mini. Great little amp!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter romanianreaper
  • Start date Start date
By the way, which pedals do you guys like as boosts with the Jubille amps? I have a few SD-1 clones.

Great score! I’ve never tried the 20 but I LOVE my 2555X.
I’m boosting mine with a Fortin TS9 and running a Gup Tech QB in the loop ala Gary Holt and it’s an unbelievably great thrash tone. Jubes are dark and have plenty of low end on their own, so I’m using the GT pedal for the presence only. It ads a little extra aggression and grease.

Great score! I’ve never tried the 20 but I LOVE my 2555X.
I’m boosting mine with a Fortin TS9 and running a Gup Tech QB in the loop ala Gary Holt and it’s an unbelievably great thrash tone. Jubes are dark and have plenty of low end on their own, so I’m using the GT pedal for the presence only. It ads a little extra aggression and grease.
That's awesome!!! At first I struggled a bit because I have a 5150-III and an Orange Super Crush 100 so I was expecting this over the top distortion. Once I just got back to the Marshall roots and my ears got used to it, along with a nice boost, I was blown away!

Once I get the actual Silver Jubillee vertical 2x12 (or horizontal) I think I'll be even more impressed. I like being able to swap in two matched power amp tubes without biasing as well.

I like that !
Yeah, I was going down a rabbit hole and wasn't blowing me away. I've got the Marshall Silver Jubillee Mini, 50 watt 5150-III 6L6 Stealth, Orange Super Crush 100 combo, and Quilter Power Amp. I've got the bases covered and can use my great pedals!!

The original 87 Jubilees were designed with the original V30, the 8 ohm Marshall Vintage in mind. Killer combo...and, luckily they sound good through ANY V30 that I've had...Mesa, Bogner, Rivera....in fact, there isn't a speaker I've owned that any of the Jubilees I've had DIDN'T like. Over the years, a little 2554 Combo from 1988 was my most gigged amp(through a G12 65 cab from 79).
Congrats on the amp! Marshall did a great job with the reissue. They are a great deal for 12-1800 used IMO.

This is super true. Jubes are one of those amps than AREN'T picky about the speakers - they sound good through almost anything. It's why jubes were one of the most popular amps used by the warped tour scene back in the day: NOFX, Bad Religion, etc.

They could show up with their heads and run them into the backline cabs, no matter what they were, and know it was gonna sound decent, and not have to lug around their cabinets.

They sound best with the v30s IMO tho

Oh man, I might have to get a V30 cab.

You should have one anyways lol

It isn't everyone's favorite speaker, but they are so beloved for a reason

I have a set of 4 older UK v30s that I've ran through multiple cabinets over 20 years, they're forever speakers

By the way, which pedals do you guys like as boosts with the Jubille amps? I have a few SD-1 clones.

They are stupidly cheap - try a voodoo labs sparkle drive. They're a classic 808 circuit with a clean blend which is super helpful keeping it together and not messy with alot of gain.

Last time I had one, I used a Boss OD1X. Prior to that, a Joyo Ultimate Drive with a Dano Fish N Chips EQ pedal...a little noisy double boosted but it sounded great. The ODX was equal to the other two combined, and far less noisy.

That's awesome!!! At first I struggled a bit because I have a 5150-III and an Orange Super Crush 100 so I was expecting this over the top distortion. Once I just got back to the Marshall roots and my ears got used to it, along with a nice boost, I was blown away!

Once I get the actual Silver Jubillee vertical 2x12 (or horizontal) I think I'll be even more impressed. I like being able to swap in two matched power amp tubes without biasing as well.
Yes the dual/external bias points rules. Per Tom’s recommendation I just mixed a pair of EH KT90’s with EL34’s and the results are killer. The 90’s ad the girth, punch and clarity of 88’s, but they’re not hollow and sterile in the mids like 88’s.
The combo actually retains the mids of a quad of EL34’s.

This is super true. Jubes are one of those amps than AREN'T picky about the speakers - they sound good through almost anything. It's why jubes were one of the most popular amps used by the warped tour scene back in the day: NOFX, Bad Religion, etc.

They could show up with their heads and run them into the backline cabs, no matter what they were, and know it was gonna sound decent, and not have to lug around their cabinets.

They sound best with the v30s IMO tho

You should have one anyways lol

It isn't everyone's favorite speaker, but they are so beloved for a reason

I have a set of 4 older UK v30s that I've ran through multiple cabinets over 20 years, they're forever speakers
Lol, yep I should have one already, lol.

1-graphics-photo-guitar-acoa_ss1_p-200913400+pv-1+u-wjubqquhcuklwtbtlwli+v-jqmpxmuukvgjaayhmgsy.jpg

Do you think you'll pick up a 100w?
It's funny that is exactly what I was thinking the other day, lol. People say they sound really close, especially since the mini has EL34 tubes and not the typical EL84 in other small amps.

I'm glad I went with the Silver Jubillee over a Plexi. Don't get me wrong, I love that tone but I realize that I love this type of tone as well.

Still playing around with it but man, great sounds from this thing and can't wait to crank it!

Anyone ever have the 2x12 with the G12 Vintage speakers in it? I'm looking to get that instead of my current cab with the Seventy-Eighty speakers and wondering what to expect.

The Griffin Boris Frankenstein pedal sounds great thru it!!
Is the Mini the Studio Version?

I have the Marshall JTM Studio and it blows me away every time I plug into it.

Is the Mini the Studio Version?

I have the Marshall JTM Studio and it blows me away every time I plug into it.
Oh yeah, I keep saying mini but it is the Studio version. That is awesome!! Yeah I think the key is the bigger tubes. I had two of the Friedman 20 watt heads and loved them but I wish they had EL34 tubes. I think those bigger tubes ensures the amp sounds closer to the bigger amps.

I love being able to play at varying volumes. The sound is nice and full even at lower volume. That JTM studio would be a great snag too to have a different flavor.

I think the smaller Jube was out way before the small Studio heads; so not sure if the 20w head/combo are in that same studio line. But I guess the size/wattage puts them in the same category.

Back