My first broken guitar

BRENTrocks

For the first time in 25 years…

A guitar that I packed and shipped got broken.

It was a Reverb sale and I purchased the reverb shipping protection, so the buyer and I are safe.

It was UPS

It was a Gibson Gary Clarke triple P90 SG. The headstock got cracked in the usual place.

It’s too bad but it was bound to happen someday, right? Hundreds of guitars…to most of the 50 states, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Africa, Europe, Asia, South America…..and the one that got broke just went from Kalamazoo Michigan to Lincoln Nebraska??

Go figure????

For the first time in 25 years…

A guitar that I packed and shipped got broken.

It was a Reverb sale and I purchased the reverb shipping protection, so the buyer and I are safe.

It was UPS

It was a Gibson Gary Clarke triple P90 SG. The headstock got cracked in the usual place.

It’s too bad but it was bound to happen someday, right? Hundreds of guitars…to most of the 50 states, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Africa, Europe, Asia, South America…..and the one that got broke just went from Kalamazoo Michigan to Lincoln Nebraska??

Go figure????
I had my first with an SG a few months ago. Hardshell case and packed very well.

I'm considering selling most of my gear and moving back home (I don't need a million amps and guitars really) and if I'm going to sell them, I'm going to have to do it locally. The risk just isn't worth it to me to ship anything bigger than a pedal or something like that. I know my number will eventually come when I'm buying or selling something big that it'll get destroyed in transit.

Sorry to hear that! Over the years I’ve seen you post more cool NGDs than I could count. Unless you own an airplane hanger, there was no way you were keeping them all, so I figure with that volume of transactions one broken headstock is definitely doing pretty good.

Back