Paul Stanley Collection

That was a really cool episode.
PS-10 is one of my fave looking guitars ever since I've seen it for the first time, when first opening the Alive II album cover, and getting more details on the original broken mirror is really cool!
Now I'll just sit back and watch the price for 1959 RI Les Paul from 94 skyrocket! lol
I just wish he would've had more time to talk about his Hamer and BC Rick guitars that he used during the 80s.
Really cool episode.

He had a few Vector and a few Explorer from Hamer, including the Zebra and the Tiger painted ones.
He used anything that pleased and that was probably free at the time, including the headless small body Steinberger.

I saw that interview this morning before you posted. Really good interview and that showed only the Gibson and Ibanez guitars in his collection. Likewise, I was hoping to see the Hamers, numerous BC Rich guitars, and even the Washburns.

The Ibanez Iceman cracked mirror is such an iconic guitar. If the original ever goes up for auction it will be a ton of dough.

it was a cool watch ... that weird shaped Les Paul he showed could in theory open up a can of worms in the fake market because it looks just like some of the "tradetang" DHgate stuff that was super easy to spot as fake:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

it was a cool watch ... that weird shaped Les Paul he showed could in theory open up a can of worms in the fake market because it looks just like some of the "tradetang" DHgate stuff that was super easy to spot as fake:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I can't help but think that he's got his story/memory crossed on that guitar. I mean.... he's goit tons of stuff and has led a very busy life, and that guitar just doesn't seem right. I'll bet Agnesi agrees with me too.

Out of curiousity, which Hamer USA guitars did Paul Stanley ever play? I always knew he was a Gibson/BC Rich kind of guy.
He had a few Vector and a few Explorer from Hamer, including the Zebra and the Tiger painted ones.
He used anything that pleased and that was probably free at the time, including the headless small body Steinberger.
Yeah but the explorers were Pauls modified shape. Was going to be Pauls Hamer sig after he left Ibanez. He had two of them. Pauls Vector also had a smaller V shaped headstock than the production model.

Here's one of the explorer style guitars after it had been repainted from the original black. His Vector was originally solid white but was repainted zebra...both were used on the Creatures tour along with his BC Rich Eagle in leopard print. The Hamers dated back to the end of the Dynasty era and lasted through the Lick it Up era, then retired. His BC Riches started on the Creatures tour and lasted through the Asylum tour. One other note, Paul was one of the first big users of EMG's as all of his Hamers and BC Riches used those.

Attachments

• 1983_HamerTiger.jpg
    1983_HamerTiger.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Yeah but the explorers were Pauls modified shape. Was going to be Pauls Hamer sig after he left Ibanez. He had two of them. Pauls Vector also had a smaller V shaped headstock than the production model.

Here's one of the explorer style guitars after it had been repainted from the original black. His Vector was originally solid white but was repainted zebra...both were used on the Creatures tour along with his BC Rich Eagle in leopard print. The Hamers dated back to the end of the Dynasty era and lasted through the Lick it Up era, then retired. His BC Riches started on the Creatures tour and lasted through the Asylum tour. One other note, Paul was one of the first big users of EMG's as all of his Hamers and BC Riches used those.
I wonder if he still has his Ibanez Destroyer (Explorer shape) from back in the day. Both he and Ace played one at one time or another. I've wondered whether the "Destroyer" album title was inspired by the guitar's name.

I wonder if he still has his Ibanez Destroyer (Explorer shape) from back in the day. Both he and Ace played one at one time or another. I've wondered whether the "Destroyer" album title was inspired by the guitar's name.
His yellow Destroyer was given to Ace who played it on the Euro tour before Destroyer was released and then played it on the Destroyer tour. No idea if it influenced the album name. Ace also acquired a Korina Gibson Explorer but preferred the Ibanez which was the same wood build as EVH's Destroyer which was all over VHI. Now that said the wood on those guitars is debated as it's either Ash, Sen Ash or Korina. My I stayed in Holiday Inn express last night expert opinion is probably Sen Ash since that is readily available in Japan, is light almost Korina color and can have unique figuring in the wood which the Kiss Destroyer guitar did.

His yellow Destroyer was given to Ace who played it on the Euro tour before Destroyer was released and then played it on the Destroyer tour. No idea if it influenced the album name. Ace also acquired a Korina Gibson Explorer but preferred the Ibanez which was the same wood build as EVH's Destroyer which was all over VHI. Now that said the wood on those guitars is debated as it's either Ash, Sen Ash or Korina. My I stayed in Holiday Inn express last night expert opinion is probably Sen Ash since that is readily available in Japan, is light almost Korina color and can have unique figuring in the wood which the Kiss Destroyer guitar did.
Cool. Interesting info there, especially on the ownership of the guitar passing from Paul to Ace.

Here's my '78 PS10. One of a little over 300 made. Paul signed it in '93 and offered to buy it from me at the time. Was kind of in shock but I kept it as it was a Christmas gift in '79. The binding has really aged the last several years to the point that the paint is drying up. The lining on the case is falling off as well, all that stuff that looks like dust is the silver lining. I'm going to buy a new case for it but keep the original. Everything is original. I've debated selling it for years but have never gone through with it.

PS10.jpg

Last edited:
Back