Has anyone gotten their music on XM radio?

VonBonfire

I have a grant funded full length album I'm working on that is about a month or two so from completion, late summer. I am looking for some ideas to get my stuff out there so I don't have an expensive set of coasters when I'm all done. I look for info but everything is confusing and convoluted and most of it seems scam worthy. Gigs and booking I understand. Navigating promoters, agents, and music attorneys is something I have very little experience with.

I released an EPK in 2015 that went nowhere for a variety of reasons though I did send it to dozens of small radio stations, public radio, colleges, etc. I sold maybe 300 copies and gave away maybe 100 more out of 1000 print ups. The chinese sell the CD on ebay for cheaper than I was able to make it for since whatever shitbag CD printer obviously sold them the data and all my artwork which didn't help further sales. No biggie, this is more like my real debut.....

I need some ideas. I feel like the XM Bluesville is pretty much the main artery for any blues music now. so anyone who has gotten their stuff on XM with info how to do it right would be super helpful. I have a couple industry contacts I can maybe tap when the time is right and I have done some more legwork of my own but I need to brainstorm some more ideas to build this thing to a level that can get a bit of buzz. Open to any input or experiences. Thanks guys.

My band recorded an EP at Saturn Studios (Houston) in '94

Had CDs pressed and used to sell them at shows.

You got a grant to make an
Album?
Yeah, the city of Austin Arts Council gave me 5k. This year they are doing up to 30k grants but I ain't finished my project yet so I didn't apply. I got the grant the first year they gave it, and they drug their feet giving me the cash and some of the ideas I proposed were approved but then shot down in the fine print so I had to change plans so I am about a month or so behind schedule.

My band recorded an EP at Saturn Studios (Houston) in '94

Had CDs pressed and used to sell them at shows.
My band used to fire up the boombox in ‘89 and sell those recordings at my Sister’s lemonade stand.

There you go Von, we cracked the code for ya! 🤪

Anybody?

score_0.jpg

Ask a question about any piece of gear for making .music and rig talk will supply answers. Ask how to get the music you make with said gear out there and rig talk is stumped, lol

Ask a question about any piece of gear for making .music and rig talk will supply answers. Ask how to get the music you make with said gear out there and rig talk is stumped, lol

It's not "getting your music out there" your question was "how do I get my album on this specific blues station on XM"

Which, my advice would be to twitter follow the DJs and link them your music

I've had stuff played on XM before but most of the time it's been the label's doing

Back