Orange Dual Dark Reissue… this time in white (sorta)

• Thread starter Thread starter Yehuda
  • Start date Start date
Yehuda
Yehuda
Apparently these are coming out as a limited run- not sure if the model returns as a typical model.

Personally, I absolutely hated the one I had, but some people seem to love them

1720556278887.png

Why did you hate it?

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Orange amps in general. But the Dark Terror I had was fun for what it was. I did slightly mod it, though. I always wanted a bigger one that had a presence control. I wish they'd add presence and depth controls to more Orange amps.

Why did you hate it?

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Orange amps in general. But the Dark Terror I had was fun for what it was. I did slightly mod it, though. I always wanted a bigger one that had a presence control. I wish they'd add presence and depth controls to more Orange amps.
It sounded very artificial and kinda muddy. I could see why people like it but it was definitely a bottom two amp in terms of the amps I’ve owned (there are definitely much worse out there- I’ve been selective based on friends reviews so I missed a lot of the universally disliked stuff)

Ah. Sauce?
Think I found it: reddit post

Also Orange appears to have a page up, but visiting it doesn't show anything besides a zip file of the black dual dark.
1720569300255.png

Certainly very interested, since the Dual Dark being discontinued is my MacGuffin for learning how to mod and design amps. Hopefully it makes a more permanent return so I can save for one or something.

Last edited:
Do the demos on youtube accurately represent this?
I haven’t watched any, but the artificial quality of some amps can have doesn’t seem to come through as much in recordings vs in person IME

Why did you hate it?

You could use one of these to add presence and depth to any amp, or a eq pedal I'm sure.

https://www.snkpedals.com/product/presonance

Do the demos on youtube accurately represent this?
I don’t think demos on YouTube are good at much for anything other than hearing gain character tbh, but I haven’t watched videos on the amp or played the amp in a few years so I honestly don’t remember

@TotallyRadGuitars you'll probably be interested in this...

I don't know how Orange amps are made inside, but they do at least come with big transformers. I think they're either Dagnall or Drake, like Marshall.

I also have one I historically haven't liked. I originally was running it into DV77s and reeeally not liking it. More recently I did some cab swapping and found I liked it a bit more into V30s. It's fizzy and dark, and I think needs a more cutting speaker to brighten it up a little in the right way. I'm in Japan though, and it's too heavy to ship overseas and the yen is too worthless to sell it for anything reasonable over here.

Back