Give me your IR recommendations

WhiteShadow

First of all, sorry for starting so many threads.

But yeah, I’m looking for IR recommendations for my HX stomp.

I’m using the 2204 model with the tube screamer model out front.

The tone I'm looking for is something with a little more bite and chunk for the riffs. I like the stock one in the HK Stomp, but its just a tad bit flubby.

Out of the ones that I have, I have the Josh Middleton ones the best. They're very mix-ready, and they sound killer. They're more Metal-oriented, but I'm sure they could pull other tones off. They do come with an EVH speaker inside a Marshall cab, so that could more useful for less aggressive sounds.

The Ownhammer impulses are solid. However, I do feel they tend to need some work, especially in the low-end and low mids. Comes with thousands of IR's out of which a very small minority are really usable. Option paralysis galore, IMO. But the good ones do sound great.

The Celestion IR's are also decent. They are a very good representation of what their speakers actually sound like. They're very clean and neutral and work for many genres. I was using their Greenback 4x12 IR to jam out to some Punk songs with some friends.

Out of the ones that I have, I have the Josh Middleton ones the best. They're very mix-ready, and they sound killer. They're more Metal-oriented, but I'm sure they could pull other tones off. They do come with an EVH speaker inside a Marshall cab, so that could more useful for less aggressive sounds.

The Ownhammer impulses are solid. However, I do feel they tend to need some work, especially in the low-end and low mids. Comes with thousands of IR's out of which a very small minority are really usable. Option paralysis galore, IMO. But the good ones do sound great.

The Celestion IR's are also decent. They are a very good representation of what their speakers actually sound like. They're very clean and neutral and work for many genres. I was using their Greenback 4x12 IR to jam out to some Punk songs with some friends.
Thanks!

Would it help to post a clip of one of my band's songs so you could hear what tone I'm after?

I'm using this for live remember.

Sure!

FWIW, the fact that some are mix-read doesn't mean they don't work live. Quite the contrary.

Can I use just any old IR, or does it have to be compatible with the specific unit?
I think you can. But some might need converted, which I'm sure makes them lose a tiny bit of quality. I think most commercial ones come with the format that the Line 6 stuff uses.

What's the best Ownhammer IR for distorted heavy Marshall tones? I'm looking at them right now, but with these you never know what's going to work best until you try them.

Tbh, I like the stock one in the HX just fine, I'm just kind of worried it'll get buried in the mix live since its just kind of flubby, but maybe it comes to live when cranked?

What's the best Ownhammer IR for distorted heavy Marshall tones? I'm looking at them right now, but with these you never know what's going to work best until you try them.

Tbh, I like the stock one in the HX just fine, I'm just kind of worried it'll get buried in the mix live since its just kind of flubby, but maybe it comes to live when cranked?
I think the standard set is a good place to start.

I think it's called Heavy Hitters or something like that?

It comes with a few cabs, some of them with Greenbacks or EVH speakers.

Back