NGD - Fender Stratocaster

Anxiety Serum

Fender Custom Shop Super Heavy Relic Poblano in Aged-Natural. I'm more of a Les Paul guy but lack a Strat in my lineup. Despite the hassle I had to pull the trigger on this one from Italy, it was just too cool and beat up in all the right places. Prices not bad when you don't have to pay VAT.

This super heavy relic looks on par with some master builds I've seen..

A little video here:

20240709_170553.jpg
20240709_153518.jpg
20240709_153522.jpg
20240709_153531.jpg
20240709_153549.jpg
20240709_153555.jpg
20240709_153553.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a paper underneath like the paisleys? I hadn't seen that pattern before. Very cool..

Or is that just red over white fading in a cool way..

Is that a paper underneath like the paisleys? I hadn't seen that pattern before. Very cool..

Or is that just red over white fading in a cool way..
Blue sparkle over candy apple red over Olympic white. The different colors and sparkles are insane under light.

Never planned on grabbing a Fender Custom Shop. Wasn't thrilled with the used Anderson Icon I recently picked up. Saw this in GC, tried it on a whim. It was much closer to what I wanted. Made the trade.

Love the flame on your roasted maple. Mine is roasted too, no flame. Nice thick 65.

Also dig the relic'd hardware on yours. Mine looks new, which is out of place on the relic'd paint and neck.

What pickups in yours? Mine has handwound Texas Specials, which seem to be different then the regular TS pups on production models. They're lower output, not as shrill or honky in the mids. I'm really digging them.

Poblano pick ups. I don't know much about strats pickups, but hear they are like hotter Texas specials.

Mines got a modern C neck..I'd prefer something thicker like yours., but it's smooth as butter.

Nice! Bet they spank through some dirt.
Like you, didn't have a real Strat in the lineup. Lots of Gibsons and some stratty types with humbuckers. Was thinking about putting an hb in the bridge position, but going to hold off on that. The bridge single has some nice sounds.
Made this clip the other night, first real jam with it:

Cool IG clip. Had no idea there was a song describing how it feels to get out of bed at 50, lol.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. Happy NGD on that badass axe. Hope you enjoy it!

Cool IG clip. Had no idea there was a song describing how it feels to get out of bed at 50, lol.
It's actually from a song I wrote about coming of age during the Global War on Terrorism. It's called "We Were Young (A Soldier's Song)". Unfortunately I am not playing on that one at all...just wrote it.

Back