Holy NGD!

how about this?

17-string-guitar.png

The 17-string bass Elwood Francis played during a ZZ Top show was a cheap  Chinese knockoff of Jared Dines' 18-string Ormsby | Guitar World

I'm still really liking the Kaizen, just waiting on a good deal for the original silver-purplish color 7 string model. Mainly I want to get a nice setup in the cellar going for my synth station.

I have the original Indigo; if I get another, choosing between the original Apollo black or the new radium, one of the only models with chrome hardware:

Kaizen 6 Solidbody Electric Guitar - Radium - Sweetwater

Though I have 4 x Kaizen 6 and only 1 x Majesty 6, so I'm probably going to get another Majesty first.

I have the original Indigo; if I get another, choosing between the original Apollo black or the new radium, one of the only models with chrome hardware:

Kaizen 6 Solidbody Electric Guitar - Radium - Sweetwater
That's my issue. Just like the OP guitar, I will end up owning every color. I just know it. The Kaizen is probably my favorite new design in a long time.

Reactions: rsm
That thing'd sound awesome with those PU's. :rock:
It really does. I got it as a gift from my Grandmother when I graduated from HS. Only my EBMM gets more bass time. That one is a photo I pulled off the internet though. Mine is same specs except I don't think I have an inlay on the last fret. Otherwise I would have thought it was mine. Most astonishing abalone I've seen to this day. I'll pull it out later and get some pics. I really think you would like them, very full and punchy like a Stingray. Speaking of which...

20240619_133510.jpg

It really does. I got it as a gift from my Grandmother when I graduated from HS. Only my EBMM gets more bass time. That one is a photo I pulled off the internet though. Mine is same specs except I don't think I have an inlay on the last fret. Otherwise I would have thought it was mine. Most astonishing abalone I've seen to this day. I'll pull it out later and get some pics. I really think you would like them, very full and punchy like a Stingray. Speaking of which...
Well, you probably already know that I'm a huge Stingray fan.

Both my fretted and fretless recording basses are Stingray 5.

I do love the "old" classic round-scratchplate 4-string models too 'though.

Like David Lee Roth once said, "Whooooa! That's beautiful!". Are those the stock pickups or have you replaced them?

My wife is like your husband in that she wants me to have gear and to create. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with her.

Glad to hear others have supportive spouses. It's funny to see so many "had to hide it from the wife" comments.
Stock pickups. Never felt the need to replace them. It's very rich, punchy, and full sounding despite not really giving off any notice of attack, if that makes sense?

Sleek! But it seems you overtightened strings on the treble side 😂

Happy NGD!
It squished my frets :ROFLMAO:

Back