Mosvalve as Slave for Re-Amping

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueParfait
  • Start date Start date
BlueParfait
BlueParfait
So, a friend of mine has a Mosvalve he's offering to sell to me.

I have no need for a poweramp, but I have a Fractal Loadbox and two very loud amps.

I think I heard a while back that some people used the Mosvalve as a slave with a load box to bring levels down, kind of like what a Fryette Power Station does, but with two units.

Anyone got experience with this? Does the Mosvalve clip and have to have the signal dropped first?

So, a friend of mine has a Mosvalve he's offering to sell to me.

I have no need for a poweramp, but I have a Fractal Loadbox and two very loud amps.

I think I heard a while back that some people used the Mosvalve as a slave with a load box to bring levels down, kind of like what a Fryette Power Station does, but with two units.

Anyone got experience with this? Does the Mosvalve clip and have to have the signal dropped first?
The MOSvalve power amps work pretty well for reamping. They sound better than most of the Class D style amps that are popular today.

I've used the MosValve with a Plexi and the Suhr Reactive Load, it sounds great! I still own 2 of them

Thanks, guys.

I'll try it out at his place first for sure.

I used to gig with a Mosvalve MV-962 or whatever it's called. Great amp!
As did I; way back in the 90s. Had an MP1, and a Digitech GSP 21 through that 962 and a Hughes n Kettner cab; L35s for speakers. Only issue I had was, not enough Oomph for outdoor gigs. Had to use an additional monitor for guitar only for the outdoor stuff.

I had one as well, they are ok but not alot bottom end ooomph as Racer states. The pots tend to get real scratchy as well.

Back