Anyone Work with Music Makers in Galesburg IL? Incoming Guitar Purchase

• Thread starter Thread starter Corey James
  • Start date Start date
Wow.......That guitar is absolutely gorgeous! :2thumbsup: I would imagine the alder body would have a little more snap to it than basswood!

I'm glad it got to you with no damage Corey.:yes:

Sounds like the shop is good to deal with!

Thanks, HD

I’m a little bummed out at how similar it sounds to the basswood on initial play thru. That was hoping for more specially with the roasted back. That said it is absolutely alive and vibrant. The differences are minuscule at room volume.

I do plan on recording them with fresh strings on both and doing a back to back with Low gain settings. Maybe I’ll be able to report more at that time or present it so you can hear it.

No idea when I’ll get to it, but I will do it

I also ordered the locking saddles for two guitars so I’ll do it before and after. I have four guitars that could use the locking saddles, but I wasn’t gonna buy four sets right away

I bought a Friedman amp from them last year.. or maybe it was 2022. Can't recall now. No issues at all. Great service, fast shipping and it was packed extremely well. I only had brief communication with Dave through email but he was great to deal with. He clearly cares about his business and customers. Good experience all around.

Back