Saul & Eric

Slash is a joke and Gales became a joke. Both these assholes outlived their usefulness. I take the same offense to this shite as you guys would having 2 douchebags fumbling thru a VH tune,

You have a very harsh opinion that I mostly agree with. Gales hasn't produced anything truly noteworthy since left hand brand in the 90s and now seems to put his name on any piece of shit gear he can get for free, going from jcm 800s, mesas, fuchs, and two rock sig to some mark dv hunk of shit. He will have one or two decent tunes on a record and the rest is blues rock cliche shit that has been done ad nauseum.

Slash is at the top of the blues charts right now with his album "orgy of the damned". Total bullshkt name for a blues record dude is a joke and almost a parody of himself..

A bunch of has been rockers make "blues" records because they wouldn’t chart otherwise, basically screwing authentic artists downward because they have a bigger name. Then morons get the wrong idea of what blues is, further sending the genre into the crapper.

You have a very harsh opinion that I mostly agree with. Gales hasn't produced anything truly noteworthy since left hand brand in the 90s and now seems to put his name on any piece of shit gear he can get for free, going from jcm 800s, mesas, fuchs, and two rock sig to some mark dv hunk of shit. He will have one or two decent tunes on a record and the rest is blues rock cliche shit that has been done ad nauseum.

Slash is at the top of the blues charts right now with his album "orgy of the damned". Total bullshkt name for a blues record dude is a joke and almost a parody of himself..

A bunch of has been rockers make "blues" records because they wouldn’t chart otherwise, basically screwing authentic artists downward because they have a bigger name. Then morons get the wrong idea of what blues is, further sending the genre into the crapper.
You said it! With all the amps Gales went thru, he winds up with the worst-sounding POS. His live shows are his 20 minute Sermons between throwaway jam riffs. The Eric Gales Band w/ his brother was stellar.
I like Slash mostly. Tasty player who is old school,
In case anybody forgot about this band, check this out. I believe they were using Rectifiers during the period-

I did like when they were warming up, after Slash noodled his usual, Gales just blew some awesome lines without even thinking about it that probably made Slash think, thank God I’m famous enough, no one will care that I’m way out of my league here. Probably laughing to himself inside as he thought it, because he’s not an uptight dude.
But I do need to hear Purple Haze and Hey Joe again as much as I want to have continual hot sauce enemas over the course of a weekend.

But I do need to hear Purple Haze and Hey Joe again as much as I want to have continual hot sauce enemas over the course of a weekend.

it really is time to make laws against such songs with strictly enforced incredibly harsh penalties, it seems the be the only way people are gonna stop such nonsense. you'd think these guys would know better

Check out Gales "ghetto-ising" the vocals, singing low like it's a rap tune. His DV Marks amp sounding like a toy from Hasbro.
That trading licks before the song starts is getting old. I'm surprised his wife wasn't up there playing Bongos and Tambourine. Lost all respect for this guy. "Where's My Crown" my ass.

it really is time to make laws against such songs with strictly enforced incredibly harsh penalties, it seems the be the only way people are gonna stop such nonsense. you'd think these guys would know better
It’s really sad that even all these years later people still fail to dig into the rich volume of work that the great rock artists created when choosing a cover. If I see a thumbnail of some up and comer and it’s Voodoo chile etc, it’s an instant fuck no for me…and I love Hendrix..lol
The modern version of that is “here’s my version of Still Got the Blues”…another hard no. Only Gary’s fingers made that tripe bearable.

Gales just blew some awesome lines without even thinking about it that probably made Slash think, thank God I’m famous enough, no one will care that I’m way out of my league here.
And then Slash will realize it’s not only about how fast you can run through scales as he waves to Gales’ tour bus from his private jet

Slash is a joke and Gales became a joke. Both these assholes outlived their usefulness. I take the same offense to this shite as you guys would having 2 douchebags fumbling thru a VH tune,
…as I’m currently packing up my gear to play Kashmir and Fool in the Rain for the third time this month lol. I get it but people are nostalgic for this stuff. It’s summer—as long as there are loud guitars, people there drinking and/or dancing and maybe a little stank face it’s all good

Back