Line6 PodExpress - Tool or Toy?

GearGasms

Doctor Love
I finally got my hands on the new Line 6 Pod Express! For the cost of about one good boutique pedal, this thing puts a ton of amps and effects at your fingertips, or your toetips, if you like. How in the world did I get something so new and cool for the channel when I'm a broke ass mofo?? My new friends at zZounds have decided to partner with GearGasms for some odd reason and since they apparently are ready to help Celebrate Mediocrity, I will be featuring gear that they will be loaning me in order to share with you! That is super exciting news for a tiny channel like GearGasms!
So let's get this freeloading party started right and find out if this new little red monster has what it takes!
Celebrate Mediocrity and have an amazing weekend!
alan

It's interesting; limited parameters will make it easier to dial in tones; if you can use preset mode.

so is it worth it Dr. Love? would it be good as an interface or a simple tool for recording and such?
If I didn't have Helix / Helix Native, I'd probably get this, knowing it's HX not POD based.

Navigation is not intuitive, many combinations to access different functions and parameters.

Sounds good tho IMO; and has lots of flexibility.

This is a pretty good demo

IMO:

If I didn't have Helix / Helix Native, I'd probably get this, knowing it's HX not POD based.

Navigation is not intuitive, many combinations to access different functions and parameters.

Sounds good tho IMO; and has lots of flexibility.

This is a pretty good demo

IMO:

usually with line 6 , or anything-I'll download the editor and use that for everything. I have my son's buddy's PV Vyper and I do the same with it. That's a good sounding cheap ass amp. I'm going to put a line out on it to run it with a 4x12 and see how that sounds. Right now I think it has 1 or 2 8" speakers or something....

so is it worth it Dr. Love? would it be good as an interface or a simple tool for recording and such?
Definitely for this and for jamming/practicing at home. Once you hook it up to a pc, you can dial in things a lot more and likely get some sweet tones to track with. Of course, so much of that depends on the quality of the IR's and whether you can load your own. I think with this you can. My PogGo got a firmware update recently that was mostly IR/cab sims and it made a big, if not sexy, difference.

Back