Diezel VH4 vs. Herbert MK3

• Thread starter Thread starter MrWoodchuck
  • Start date Start date
Agree both sound great. I think I like the VH4 more than the Herbert without the midcut, with the midcut it's harder to choose. Cleans sounded deeper on the Herbert, but both were great.

Any issues running the Herbert with the Suhr RLIR? I guess most if not all reactive load units rated for 100w can handle more than that, and looks like the master is fairly low in the video, but wanted to see if any problems come up if you try to open the volume up more.

Agree both sound great. I think I like the VH4 more than the Herbert without the midcut, with the midcut it's harder to choose. Cleans sounded deeper on the Herbert, but both were great.

Any issues running the Herbert with the Suhr RLIR? I guess most if not all reactive load units rated for 100w can handle more than that, and looks like the master is fairly low in the video, but wanted to see if any problems come up if you try to open the volume up more.
Suhr RLIR handles up to 150W, just need to not crank the amp too hard. I agree once the midcut is added the herbert really comes alive for heavy tight riff style things.

I've always thought the VH4 is like their take on a JCM800 with the feel and attack of a Boogie Mark. The Herbert is like their take on a Rectifier with the feel and attack of a Boogie Mark.
Both insane amps, love mine.

Back