NAD Uber Ultra KT88

gybe!

Only had it for an hour, but Uber Ultra KT88 delivers! Many years ago I sold an Uber Rev Blue and it has always been one of a small number of amps I have missed. Ultra pretty clearly makes up for that and fits in nicely with my very messy fleet. Definitely will need to work on cable routing/cleanup once I get this settled :p
Feeling like I need to downsize now (this and the Alta have both arrived in the past two weeks), thinking the Naylor and the 6505 will be the casualties

IMG_7449.jpeg

Was gonna scratch my Uberschall itch with a twin jet since there is one available for $2K. But I know exactly who I am....I need to just keep saving.

Ultra is a completely different amp than the twin. Not even the same planet
Haven’t played the twin, but the “Uber” mode on either channel satisfies my Rev Blue itch and then there is just so much more. Different enough from my Hermanssons that it’s a really nice compliment to the arsenal as well

Haven’t played the twin, but the “Uber” mode on either channel satisfies my Rev Blue itch and then there is just so much more. Different enough from my Hermanssons that it’s a really nice compliment to the arsenal as well
Congrats man

I need to try a hermansson also. But the uber ultra is definitely top 5 i have ever played

Nice man! And that Hermansson :eek:

Forgot all about those beasts. A buddy has an Ultra 6L6 and I'm just chomping at the bit.

Congrats and please post more often :yes:

:cheers:

Last edited:
Only had it for an hour, but Uber Ultra KT88 delivers! Many years ago I sold an Uber Rev Blue and it has always been one of a small number of amps I have missed. Ultra pretty clearly makes up for that and fits in nicely with my very messy fleet. Definitely will need to work on cable routing/cleanup once I get this settled :p
Feeling like I need to downsize now (this and the Alta have both arrived in the past two weeks), thinking the Naylor and the 6505 will be the casualties

View attachment 323808
Happy NAD! 🔥

That Hermansson though 🔥

The 6L6 Ultra is My favorite amp ever. I have no doubt that version kills.
Is this Steve? Dude coming from you that is bold statement. I have been thinking of getting an Uber lately. Have not had one since the infamous "Bogner Built to Last Video". lol. Thanks for lighting a match next to the GAS can bro!

Sorry to hijack Gybe. Congrats on the Killer looking amp. I want one too!! Enjoy that beast!

I didn’t need the extra power for volume but what is the KT88 version offering? More clean headroom?

I owned the KT88 and el34 at the same time. There really is no discernible difference that can’t be dialed out with minor EQ adjustments. Maybe the 150 is better if you are playing stadiums, but at very loud room volumes, I can’t tell the difference. I traded the KT88 version mainly because I have more spare El34s. lol

I owned the KT88 and el34 at the same time. There really is no discernible difference that can’t be dialed out with minor EQ adjustments. Maybe the 150 is better if you are playing stadiums, but at very loud room volumes, I can’t tell the difference. I traded the KT88 version mainly because I have more spare El34s. lol
What about the 6L6 vs. EL34 tonal differences?

Back