Sammy and Satch last night

Sounds good to me 👍 Satriani is a great guitarist and seems like a nice guy. I don’t know why everyone is bagging on him doing this tribute as he is learning the songs it’s only going to get better. Obviously, he was invited by Sammy and Michael to be in the band. It was their choice.

Last edited:
Set List fwiw

Good Enough
Poundcake
Runaround
There's Only One Way to Rock
Judgement Day
Summer Nights
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Top of the World
Best of Both Worlds
Satch Boogie
Seventh Seal
Right Now
Why Can't This Be Love
When Eagles Fly
Mas Tequila
Heavy Metal
I Can't Drive 55
-------medley
Space Station #5
Oh Yeah (Chickenfoot)
Jump
-------encore
When It's Love

Edit: When It's Love? :dunno:

Set List fwiw

Good Enough
Poundcake
Runaround
There's Only One Way to Rock
Judgement Day
Summer Nights
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Top of the World
Best of Both Worlds
Satch Boogie
Seventh Seal
Right Now
Why Can't This Be Love
When Eagles Fly
Mas Tequila
Heavy Metal
I Can't Drive 55
-------medley
Space Station #5
Oh Yeah (Chickenfoot)
Jump
-------encore
When It's Love

Edit: When It's Love? :dunno:
Ahhhh shit .... Space Station #5 is my favorite Montrose tune ............ that's awesome that they are doing it !

I think Michael Anthony is one of the most under appreciated dudes ever. Never seen him where he didn’t have a smile on his face or an interview where he is shittalking or being nasty. He would be awesome to hang out with. Sammy still sounds great as well. Not many singers have voices that age well.

Ahhhh shit .... Space Station #5 is my favorite Montrose tune ............ that's awesome that they are doing it !

Yep. I mean I knew they were going to play some Montrose, but yeah that song and Bad Motor Scooter all just killer. I know they can't do everything, but there are a few songs on that set list I would remove in favor of either more Montrose or more legacy Van Halen - Unchained for example.

I think Michael Anthony is one of the most under appreciated dudes ever. Never seen him where he didn’t have a smile on his face or an interview where he is shittalking or being nasty. He would be awesome to hang out with. Sammy still sounds great as well. Not many singers have voices that age well.
Totally agreed. Not too many 60+ singers, let along 70+ aged singers can sing at all (aka Vince, Dokken, Joe Elliot, DLR). Sammy sounds pretty good. It is when he talks in interviews and such is where he rubs me wrong. But Mike seems very genuine, humble and grateful. Also, for the casual Van Halen listener, when an old Van Halen song comes on the radio, the reason you can sing along is because of him. Dave and Ed got most of the attention, but Mike was a huge part of their sound.

Yep. I mean I knew they were going to play some Montrose, but yeah that song and Bad Motor Scooter all just killer. I know they can't do everything, but there are a few songs on that set list I would remove in favor of either more Montrose or more legacy Van Halen - Unchained for example.

Totally agreed. Not too many 60+ singers, let along 70+ aged singers can sing at all (aka Vince, Dokken, Joe Elliot, DLR). Sammy sounds pretty good. It is when he talks in interviews and such is where he rubs me wrong. But Mike seems very genuine, humble and grateful. Also, for the casual Van Halen listener, when an old Van Halen song comes on the radio, the reason you can sing along is because of him. Dave and Ed got most of the attention, but Mike was a huge part of their sound.
Exactly!👍

Back