Finally trying Synergy

Definitely get the Uberschall. The Ultralead module was also spot on to my SigX at the time, just with a lot more gain and flexibility with the GEQ. Seriously though, I could take or leave basically every other module in the system, but the Uberschall was fantastic, and I don't even usually care for the actual amp.

I thought about the Be Deluxe but one thing I don't like about Friedman is that they are a bit too polished for my taste. Does it have that characteristics? Surprisingly I got a really good crunch tone with the IICP.
If you’re worried about the BE-DLX being too polished, you could give the Deliverance module a try. Recommend getting a new one since they did a slight tweak of the circuit more recently.

Powerball is a good clean + high gain option.

you could give the Deliverance module a try. Recommend getting a new one since they did a slight tweak of the circuit more recently.

Any idea when that tweak went into production? I had a Deliverance a little over a year ago that I picked up used. Traded it for another module but kind of want another.

Any idea when that tweak went into production? I had a Deliverance a little over a year ago that I picked up used. Traded it for another module but kind of want another.
I know some of them say "Series II" in the lower right corner. Maybe that it how you tell?

If you’re worried about the BE-DLX being too polished, you could give the Deliverance module a try. Recommend getting a new one since they did a slight tweak of the circuit more recently.

Powerball is a good clean + high gain option.
Yeah, one thing that bugs me at times is most modules really dont have an ultra clean, and ultra gain channel. Usually they are levels of gain. The Powerball is one of the few that can do both.

Actually I have been keeping a clean preamp pedal in the "loop" of the bypass mode that I am using as a 5th channel that I use for cleans. That method works pretty well.

Well I emailed Fryette in Feb 2023 about having the mod done to my existing Deliverance module. So at least that long ago.

I know some of them say "Series II" in the lower right corner. Maybe that it how you tell?
I’m pretty sure they’ve always said that.
Yeah, one thing that bugs me at times is most modules really dont have an ultra clean, and ultra gain channel. Usually they are levels of gain. The Powerball is one of the few that can do both.

Actually I have been keeping a clean preamp pedal in the "loop" of the bypass mode that I am using as a 5th channel that I use for cleans. That method works pretty well.
Yeah I was initially surprised to be able to get a clean tone from the blue channel. I go back and forth between using its clean or bypassing the SYN2 and just using the clean mode of my Mesa ElectraDyne, which is generally just serving power amp duties.

I want one of those iicp units bad.
I sold 2 mark IV's over the past 2/3 years and have been regretting it. I feel like the Fractal does justice to the Mark Series but plugging in the IICP module it really felt like "yeah there it is!!" If that makes sense?... I've never played a 2 c+ or mark III but this module is doing what I want for mark tones. I'm not looking at used Mark IV's on the internet thanks to this.

Used a Mark III for many years and have played many different Mark series, including IIC+s. The IICP module gets closer to the Mark series tones everyone loves than a Triaxis (fuck you dynamic voice) does at the expense of only being able to really dial in one sound at a time. However, if you're used to a IIC+ or III, then you should be used to that limitation in general.

The biggest issue with the module is the sliders have a lot more range than the amps do, and they're tiny as hell to try to manipulate. The most miniscule tweaks will drastically change the sound, so you really gotta take your time tweaking those things. It's amazing they were able to fit the EQ on there in general, but holy hell is it a pain in the ass to adjust. I tend to use my pick to slightly nudge them.

Still, amazing module. Nothing else really gets that tone that I've tried in the rack world outside of the actual Mesa preamps.

Yeah, the IICP definitely reminds me of the Studio Preamps, and IIIs I owned years ago. Reminds me of the IVs I have played through the years. Some people probably think it isn't close enough, but I think it is close enough that I dont have the desire to overpay for one of the heads for what they are going for these days.

Yeah, the EQ is super sensitive. I definitely think it has more high end treble/presence than the heads do. You gotta really watch that 6600 slider! I normally stick my thumb under it, and just kind of roll my hand to move them, lol.

The Ultra Lead is the same way. Love that tiny EQ though. Those 2 modules are some of my favorites because of the built in graphics. I tend to use an EQ in the loop with many of the other modules.

Yeah for me personally playing the synergy module feels and sounds like my Mark IV. And I've said this a few times but I honestly think it sounds closer than the JP2C or Mark VII.

But yeah those sliders can really change the tone with a slight nudge

I still need to check the IICP module out. Have had a Studio Pre, Mark IVb, and even the old MarkUs module by Salvation Audio. Still have a Mark III red stripe.

I would love to have that iicp and find the biggest tube amp I can find with a loop and run it in there with about four 4x12’s…..
Like a fender 400ps….but with a loop preferably….🤪

Last edited:
When I hooked my IICP to my Mark III I could barely tell the difference when switching between the amp and module. I even lost track a couple of times. I'd call it a good 99% the same tone. The main difference was the IICP was a slight bit smoother than the Mark III. Going through a different power amp it's still a solid 97-98% the same tone as my Mark III. They really did a great job on this module.

When I hooked my IICP to my Mark III I could barely tell the difference when switching between the amp and module. I even lost track a couple of times. I'd call it a good 99% the same tone. The main difference was the IICP was a slight bit smoother than the Mark III. Going through a different power amp it's still a solid 97-98% the same tone as my Mark III. They really did a great job on this module.
I would say that is accurate, because the Studio Preamp (Which is based on the IIC+) is smoother than the Mark III. The III is one of the most aggressive / least smooth of the Marks.

I recently just moved over to a Synergy system, best decision I ever made! I used to gig with 2 amps (Mesa TC 50 and Friedman BE50 DLX), plus effects. Needless to say, it was way to much to move around these days. I want to downsize but never could get behind the digital stuff, so I tried a Synergy system and loved it! I ended up getting 2 SYN2 systems, to be run in stereo to replicate the sound of my previous setup (OS and SLO100 on one side, Friedman DS and BEDLX on the other), into their SYN5050 poweramp, using a rackmount Helix for all effects and cab IRS (so can go direct into FOH and our IEMs without the need for mics).

I recently just moved over to a Synergy system, best decision I ever made! I used to gig with 2 amps (Mesa TC 50 and Friedman BE50 DLX), plus effects. Needless to say, it was way to much to move around these days. I want to downsize but never could get behind the digital stuff, so I tried a Synergy system and loved it! I ended up getting 2 SYN2 systems, to be run in stereo to replicate the sound of my previous setup (OS and SLO100 on one side, Friedman DS and BEDLX on the other), into their SYN5050 poweramp, using a rackmount Helix for all effects and cab IRS (so can go direct into FOH and our IEMs without the need for mics).
Does the Syn5050 have it’s own internal loads for that kind of application or the Helix?

I sold 2 mark IV's over the past 2/3 years and have been regretting it. I feel like the Fractal does justice to the Mark Series but plugging in the IICP module it really felt like "yeah there it is!!" If that makes sense?... I've never played a 2 c+ or mark III but this module is doing what I want for mark tones. I'm not looking at used Mark IV's on the internet thanks to this.
Interesting. I had a Mark IV and invested in Synergy for the sole purpose of buying the IICP to replace it. I thought they sounded similar, the IICP was definitely a Mark series sound, but the IV had way more body and girth to its tone. The cleans on the IICP were gorgeous, though. For 80s rock and metal (ie: Metallica), the IICP was killer... But I play more modern metal and it didn't get brutal enough for me.

Interesting. I had a Mark IV and invested in Synergy for the sole purpose of buying the IICP to replace it. I thought they sounded similar, the IICP was definitely a Mark series sound, but the IV had way more body and girth to its tone. The cleans on the IICP were gorgeous, though. For 80s rock and metal (ie: Metallica), the IICP was killer... But I play more modern metal and it didn't get brutal enough for me.
What did you use for the power section? I'm using a KSR PA50 and the NFB control seems to always be the final touch when trying to dial in a modeler(haven't tried it with the synergy yet)

Back