Let’s talk Hiwatt…solid state Hiwatts….

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
Okay…Martin got the crunch 350. I never heard of this beast before. So I started looking and they have some killer stuff at some very attractive prices. Also listened to the Leeds models as well. Killer. When Martin and juggernaut say that 350 kills then take it to the bank. They are on my radar and I can care less about them being solid state. Anybody else know about them or play any? Are they Fortin products or were they before he got there?

Great sounding amp. Something about all of the cleans and crunch sounded so nasally. I think it may have been the way it was dialed in. Definitely was not into that clean sound. Maybe it was the orange cab he was running through? That shift always works well with the heavier stuff though. Again, pretty killer sounding amp!!!
Yes it is. I think the super crunch takes it up another notch in gain. I would love a Randall rg…wonder if these can be similar maybe?🤔

Alan…one of these would be good for a geargasms video. Holler at ole earl teate in Delmar Delaware and see if they have any…

The Fortin Hiwatt was a one-off design. I think these solid-state amps are Hiwatts entry level amp to encourage new buyers into the Hiwatt camp. Don't think it will work in the states, but I'm betting these will be a hit in Europe with new young metal players just starting out. Think the Mods riding Vespas with tons of mirrors during the ealy punk Era vrs the American bikers on Harley choppers. Hiwatts have never been a popular amp in America.

The Fortin Hiwatt was a one-off design. I think these solid-state amps are Hiwatts entry level amp to encourage new buyers into the Hiwatt camp. Don't think it will work in the states, but I'm betting these will be a hit in Europe with new young metal players just starting out. Think the Mods riding Vespas with tons of mirrors during the ealy punk Era vrs the American bikers on Harley choppers. Hiwatts have never been a popular amp in America.
Clips sound good. 👍

Back