🚨 Shots Fired 🚨

Except the thread is about American political events so your opinions are irrelevant. You aren't conservative you're a mild left leaning subject of the crown.
Conservative just means someone that likes things the way they were back in the day. That's me. Back in the day in Australia, even when it was easier to have a gun, you couldn't walk around like a cowboy with open carry and a submachine gun - so a society with guns is normal for a conservative here. A society that is armed to the teeth because they feel they need them to be safe has degenerated imo.

Conservative just means someone that likes things the way they were back in the day. That's me. Back in the day in Australia you couldn't walk around like a cowboy with open carry and a submachine gun - so a society with guns is normal for a conservative here. A society that is armed to the teeth because they feel they have to to be safe has degenerated imo.
"Back in the day" you didn't need to jump through licensing hoops to have guns. Your beliefs aren't consistent, which is also the hallmark of someone who is actually mildly left. That's you.

"Back in the day" you didn't need to jump through licensing hoops to have guns. Your beliefs aren't consistent, which is also the hallmark of someone who is actually mildly left. That's you.
Back in the day even when we had licences we couldn't carry them in public like John Wayne mate. I don't remember seeing them growing up and I was an adult when they were cracked down on. If I saw one in public my eyes would have been wide open like "wow - look at that".

Very few people do that here even when they can so your point that it's somehow a blessing that you can't do that in Australia is typical bedwetting lefty talk.
Think what you like but the footage coming out of America just makes you look like crazy bastards. This latest episode of the American soap opera is just another example.

In this week's episode of Crazy American Bastards their ex president gets shot in the ear by semi automatic and he fist pumps "fight fight fight". Meanwhile Nora learns Steve is really Eve.

Think what you like but the footage coming out of America just makes you look like crazy bastards. This latest episode of the American soap opera is just another example.

In this week's episode of Crazy American Bastards their ex president gets shot in the ear by semi automatic and he fist pumps "fight fight fight". Meanwhile Nora learns Steve is really Eve.
Hey, don’t forget our education system! Stay tuned for the season finale cliff hanger; if the earth is round, why can we see the sun and moon at the same time?!?

America’s earliest settlers weren’t exactly prized citizens either…
No - and as I often point out here the US was where Britain used to send its convicts before Australia so it was their first penal colony. They only came here after the US had the revolutionary war. The fact that the first settlers to the US weren't convicts doesn't mean they weren't transported to the US all the same.

So tell me how would "more guns" have helped.
Have another armed person on the roof to shoot any would-be snipers trying to use said roof? Shallow answer for a shallow question.

That said, if you're saying that merely arming more of the audience doesn't fix things, I agree. It's a people problem. Who's vigilant in the crowd, who's willing to take action, and who is able to correctly execute on said action?

No - and as I often point out here the US was where Britain used to send its convicts before Australia so it was their first penal colony. They only came here after the US had the revolutionary war. The fact that the first settlers to the US weren't convicts doesn't mean they weren't transported to the US all the same.
I’ve studied a lot of history on those years and have seen nothing even close to that. Maybe criminals serving on British ships, but that’s about it.

You guys are still way more like europeans. Your government is more like european governments.

I’ve studied a lot of history on those years and have seen nothing even close to that. Maybe criminals serving on British ships, but that’s about it.

British Empire[edit]​

This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources in this section. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2023) (Learn how and when to remove this message)
Penal colony in the Andaman Islands, British Raj (c. 1890s)
With the passage of the Transportation Act 1717, the British government initiated the penal transportation of indentured servants to Britain's colonies in the Americas, although none of the North American colonies were solely penal colonies. British merchants would be in charge of transporting the convicts across the Atlantic to the colonies where they would be auctioned off to planters. Many of the indentured servants were sentenced to seven year terms, which gave rise to the colloquial term "His Majesty's Seven-Year Passengers".[1][2][3][4] It is estimated that between 1718 and 1776 about 30,000 convicts were transported to at least nine of the continental colonies, whereas between 1700 and 1775 about 250,000 to 300,000 white immigrants came to the mainland of North America as a whole. More than two-thirds of these felons were transported to the Chesapeake to work for Southern landowners; in Maryland, during the thirty years before 1776, convicts composed more than one-quarter of all immigrants.[5] However, it is commonly maintained that the vast majority of felons taken to America were political criminals, not those guilty of social crimes such as theft; for example, it was noted of Virginia that "the crimes of which they were convicted were chiefly political, and the number transported for social crimes was never considerable."[6] The colony of Georgia, by contrast, was planned by James Oglethorpe specifically to take in debtors and other social criminals. Oglethorpe referred to them as "the worthy poor" in a philanthropic effort to create a rehabilitative colony where prisoners could earn a second chance at life, learning trades and working off their debts.[7][8] The success of Oglethorpe's vision is debated.[9]

When routes to the Americas closed after the outbreak of American Revolutionary War in 1776, British prisons started to become overcrowded.[citation needed] Since immediate stopgap measures proved themselves ineffective, in 1785 Britain decided to use parts of what is now known as Australia as de jure penal settlements, becoming the first colonies in the British Empire founded solely to house convicts. Leaving Portsmouth, England on 13 May 1787, the First Fleet transported the first ~800 convicts and ~250 marines to Botany Bay.[citation needed] Between 1788 and 1868, about 162,000 convicts were transported from Great Britain and Ireland to various penal colonies in Australia.[10] Australian penal colonies in late 18th century included Norfolk Island and New South Wales, and in early 19th century also Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania) and Moreton Bay (Queensland).[citation needed]

Back