skoora

Was looking on their site as I have 2x12 I like and have bought bunch of speakers over the years and they don't list a 4x12 anymore. Was contemplating replacing my EVH 4x12 with a speaker, mish mash 4x12 from them.

They were some of the best sounding cabs but I’m not surprised as they got way too expensive. Either due to materials or just price hikes from greed they were great bargains when they were lesser known but there were just better options at their final price last I saw.

I emailed a year or 2 ago, and he said they didn't make them anymore, because no one wants 412s anymore.

I keep thinking about getting an empty cab from Stagecraft. Not sure how good they are, but good price.

It seems Mojo is the other option. An unloaded British 4x12 starts at 7 though. Once you get into 4 speakers you’re at 12-1300 easy.

Man I was close to selling my EVH 4x12, but last minute decided to do some speaker swapping. Turns out I just wasn't a fan of those EVH Greenbacks. I settled on T75's on bottom, M65's on top. It's become my favorite cab!
It’s a great cab with a bright amp. The EVH speakers are definitely not a bright speaker. I would still dig keeping at least one. I have another 4x12 that is a different speaker in every slot and want to do that with the EVH. Thought I might want to get a stereo capable input jack in the cab too, like my other Marshall and didn’t want to have to cut a slot for it, like I did for the Marshall (originally a single cup style input). So thought, just sell it and get a new empty etc. and could also have it match my Marshall, which has the S&P grill. Thought about a Straight HW Marshall as I do like the 30’s that come in it but I would still be yanking 3 to replace. But it might be easier to sell 3 of those on Reverb than 3 of the EVH speakers. 1st world problems…🤷‍♂️

Man I was close to selling my EVH 4x12, but last minute decided to do some speaker swapping. Turns out I just wasn't a fan of those EVH Greenbacks. I settled on T75's on bottom, M65's on top. It's become my favorite cab!

I pulled the EVHs from mine as well. I tried to like them, but next to my other cabs it just sounded weak and overly dark. I have v30s and Creamback H75s in it now an it’s much better.

Bought a 2x12 from Dave at Avatar. Good people, good comms, great quality, reasonable pricing (back in the day anyway). I should have kept it. The reasons provided so far as to why don't offer anymore all makes sense to me.

k3xOgvN.jpg

AVhJQakl.jpg

What’s funny to me is moving a 4x12 with casters is much easier than dealing with a 2x12 w/out casters. Load in and out you had a tall narrow dolly for your amp head and guitar case.

Same. I had an Avatar 2x12, sold it, got a Marshall 4x12

Definitely easier to push around than to carry the 2x12 around, that's for sure.

I've got both a 2x and a 4x from Avatar. Great cabs...just discovered the no more 4x just a while back myself..bummer.

Back