Singers..

• Thread starter Thread starter midnightlaundry
  • Start date Start date
Dio
Dickinson
Halford
Tate

That's my Mt Rushmore of vocalists. Based on the stuff I grew up listening to and being a big fan of. Of course, this isn't to take away anything from the one who arguably started it all, Mr Plant.
...and Plant got it from Marriott; he stated as much in an interview; the live version of Whole Lotta Love ending was a direct homage to Small Faces / Marriott and their version of a Willie Dixon song "You Need Loving", not only the words, but many of the phrasings Plant used are close or identical to Marriott's

edit: most blues, rock, metal, pop, etc. are derivative of prior work, some more direct than others; true originality in music is rare.

Last edited:
I always thought Paul Rodgers had one of the most kickass rock n roll voices. Look, even the drummer is all smiles listening to his sizzling voice.

Damn, I should have mentioned him as well. My fav would be "I'll be Creepin"....take a listen to that one if you haven't. Holy shit does he have amazing chops.

One of the bands my parents listened to when I was a kid was Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. I'm not really into the music, but Puckett has a great voice IMO, similar to Tom Jones.

another was the Four Seasons; growing up in NYC in the '60s, I heard them everywhere; Frankie Valli was amazing in his prime, one of my fav tunes:

One of the bands my parents listened to when I was a kid was Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. I'm not really into the music, but Puckett has a great voice IMO, similar to Tom Jones.

another was the Four Seasons; growing up in NYC in the '60s, I heard them everywhere; Frankie Valli was amazing in his prime, one of my fav tunes:

Tom Jones is an incredible singer.

Andy Williams seems to be another guy sort of forgotten but he also had an incredible vocal:

Reactions: rsm
Not many can sing like Eddie Holman and even fewer can still nail those notes at 70. Dude is amazing. 1:28:

How bout some Curtis. He always had quite fhe falsetto also:

Judy Garland

I like this version even more:

Last edited:

Back