Sammy and Satch last night

• Thread starter Thread starter CarlF
  • Start date Start date
4x3rd power amps and 2xmarshall heads. One mic’d. They sound good.

On another note. Under the lighting at about 1:20 in: Michael Anthony looks kind of like a troll coming out from under the bridge. Just sayin.
Is it me ? Probably but that light makes him look….. well ….

Attachments

• DD5CB63B-B49C-4DCB-8AD7-8974B8B9333B.jpeg
    DD5CB63B-B49C-4DCB-8AD7-8974B8B9333B.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 33
  • 2F0E5FE9-8242-48DF-AFE2-8C3AD8040DDB.jpeg
    2F0E5FE9-8242-48DF-AFE2-8C3AD8040DDB.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 34
  • D84C7C4B-0DE8-4E91-BBB9-5D4A82BB426B.jpeg
    D84C7C4B-0DE8-4E91-BBB9-5D4A82BB426B.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 36
I was contemplating going to the Charlotte show this week, but ticket prices are outrageous.

Yep. I mean I knew they were going to play some Montrose, but yeah that song and Bad Motor Scooter all just killer. I know they can't do everything, but there are a few songs on that set list I would remove in favor of either more Montrose or more legacy Van Halen - Unchained for example.

Totally agreed. Not too many 60+ singers, let along 70+ aged singers can sing at all (aka Vince, Dokken, Joe Elliot, DLR). Sammy sounds pretty good. It is when he talks in interviews and such is where he rubs me wrong. But Mike seems very genuine, humble and grateful. Also, for the casual Van Halen listener, when an old Van Halen song comes on the radio, the reason you can sing along is because of him. Dave and Ed got most of the attention, but Mike was a huge part of their sound.
Your not going to get legacy VH with Sam though at best one or two songs and Mike sings ATBL. Was always that way back when Van Hagar was rolling as well. Dude has always been in DLR's shadow and he's done his best anytime he's involved with VH or when talking about the band to bury Dave in some way. Never understood that either, it's just weak ego when the reality is Sam is the richest of all of them because of his sale of Cabo tequila. Hard to understand why it bothers him after all he has.

I'm sure this is a fun show, lots of good tunes on that set list. Hope everyone is having a good time.

Two thoughts:

I think Ed was looking down and would approve. The band had the power, everyone was in great form, and just as he did when he filled in for Blackmore in Deep Purple, Satch made it look easy.
The other thought is those amps got something special going on. Satch never sounded better, and no, it doesn't sound like a DS-1.

Sounds great to me, could maybe do with bumping up the bpm a tiny bit and it's a shame everyone has to be subjected to Eagles Fly, but I'd love to go if it came to the UK!

Yep. I mean I knew they were going to play some Montrose, but yeah that song and Bad Motor Scooter all just killer. I know they can't do everything, but there are a few songs on that set list I would remove in favor of either more Montrose or more legacy Van Halen - Unchained for example.

Totally agreed. Not too many 60+ singers, let along 70+ aged singers can sing at all (aka Vince, Dokken, Joe Elliot, DLR). Sammy sounds pretty good. It is when he talks in interviews and such is where he rubs me wrong. But Mike seems very genuine, humble and grateful. Also, for the casual Van Halen listener, when an old Van Halen song comes on the radio, the reason you can sing along is because of him. Dave and Ed got most of the attention, but Mike was a huge part of their sound.
What!!? You mean you wouldn’t want to hear Mas Tequila in place of Hear About it Later or Romeo’s Delight…not on my watch. I want to sing along with a second rate, Gary Glitter rip off, that advertises the singer’s business!!

Sounds good to me 👍 Satriani is a great guitarist and seems like a nice guy. I don’t know why everyone is bagging on him doing this tribute as he is learning the songs it’s only going to get better. Obviously, he was invited by Sammy and Michael to be in the band. It was their choice.

This is not a vh tribute tour. It's a Sammy Hagar tour. The intro video before they hit the stage had zero pics of Ed. All Sammy pics and vids.

No wonder Al wants nothing to do with him.

I think Michael Anthony is one of the most under appreciated dudes ever. Never seen him where he didn’t have a smile on his face or an interview where he is shittalking or being nasty. He would be awesome to hang out with. Sammy still sounds great as well. Not many singers have voices that age well.

Great guy! Got to meet his family at an event couple years ago. He is a petite guy though...

20220730_180042.jpg

I grew my hair out and lost 20lbs since that picture. But, yes I towered over him....lol...

Not related to this band at all but F it, here goes…
Met one of my favorite actors, Jeffrey Combs, 10-11 years ago at a convention in Seattle and he was a smaller guy too..but huge talent in my eyes. For reference I’m not super tall, 5’11….with shoes on..lol. Even though we know most male actors tend to be smaller, they can make such an impact on screen, that it still surprises you a little when you meet them in person. Very nice guy. Fucking Eric Robert’s was there too, 6ft away and chatting up my Wife a little, so my left was keeping an eye on them…lol It’s nice to meet these guys and they’re very amiable and chill. Pony Boy Curtis was also there and he was just as cool.

Jeffrey Combs Medium.jpeg

If my friend called me up and said he had an extra ticket and would pick me up - I'd go :ROFLMAO: - and I'm sure I'd like it but I don't know, nothing would compel me to make any effort beyond that.....

Back