5.3 MB · Views: 61
  • 20240712_161748.jpg
    20240712_161748.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 64
  • 20240712_161708.jpg
    20240712_161708.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 58
So my first review.
Out of the box the action was way too high.
I lowered the posts on the floyd and that did the trick !
My first experience with an SD 59.
I am extremely impressed !
Very articulate, has insane harmonics, does early van halen type tone and 80's style hard rock very well !

So my first review.
Very articulate, has insane harmonics, does early van halen type tone and 80's style hard rock very well !
Looks great! How tall are the frets?

Very NICE! I am assuming it's an original Floyd Rose as well....:2thumbsup:

You don't find the SD59 too bright and twangy with the Floyd Rose and the Maple body?

The frets should be 6100 Jumbos if they are cloning an 83 correctly. Did they use the post bushings or the old screw style?

Nice guitar! I've never owned a Kramer but been thinking about getting one lately. Saw these 2 recently on the Kramer website. Nostalgia is a powerful drug!
IMG_6029.png
IMG_6028.png

You don't find the SD59 too bright and twangy with the Floyd Rose and the Maple body?

The frets should be 6100 Jumbos if they are cloning an 83 correctly. Did they use the post bushings or the old screw style?
I will look.
No not too bright for me ?

Website lists "medium jumbo" frets which makes me worried they are wide but low.

How did I miss this thread?? Anyways, I've been resurrecting my 1985 Kramer Baretta the last few weeks. It's been in pieces for 20 years. I purchased the guitar brand new from GC in San Diego. It was $704 with case ( I have the receipt). All black and it had a SD JB. It was built on November 5th 1985. E6000 serial number.

The body has a maple top and back(99% sure on the back) with with who knows kind of wood in between. Poplar? Alder? I was always under the impression that it had a poplar body. I just had the thing down to bare wood a few weeks ago but didn't think to take pictures. Why did I have it down to bare wood?
On the way to play a show back in 1994 it flew out of the back of the truck on the freeway. The damn rope broke. Case crushed, neck separated from body only because the screws stripped out, and the volume knob was pushed in to the body.
Shortly after I kinda sanded it, patched the volume knob area with some Bondo and sprayed it black with some spray paint. Played it like that for another couple of year's before I took it apart again. Well I'm finally putting it back together. I sprayed it with Stew Mac Gloss black Nitro in a can. I'll post some pics and a video when I have it done.

So my first review.
Very articulate, has insane harmonics, does early van halen type tone and 80's style hard rock very well
Looks great

How did I miss this thread?? Anyways, I've been resurrecting my 1985 Kramer Baretta the last few weeks. It's been in pieces for 20 years. I purchased the guitar brand new from GC in San Diego. It was $704 with case ( I have the receipt). All black and it had a SD JB. It was built on November 5th 1985. E6000 serial number.

The body has a maple top and back(99% sure on the back) with with who knows kind of wood in between. Poplar? Alder? I was always under the impression that it had a poplar body. I just had the thing down to bare wood a few weeks ago but didn't think to take pictures. Why did I have it down to bare wood?
On the way to play a show back in 1994 it flew out of the back of the truck on the freeway. The damn rope broke. Case crushed, neck separated from body only because the screws stripped out, and the volume knob was pushed in to the body.
Shortly after I kinda sanded it, patched the volume knob area with some Bondo and sprayed it black with some spray paint. Played it like that for another couple of year's before I took it apart again. Well I'm finally putting it back together. I sprayed it with Stew Mac Gloss black Nitro in a can. I'll post some pics and a video when I have it done.

That hurts to read. Very painful. I need a drink.

Heart breaking !

I went to Sweetwater today and got to fondle one. I didn't get to play it, as I was kind of in a rush and my phone was blowing up. But this one seemed pretty heavy to me. It's been over 30 years since I laid my hands on the original one, but this one felt pretty heavy, like a Les Paul. The neck felt close, but not exactly as I remember it. Headstock was absolutely identical to the original.
53898908465_6646a430dc_z.jpg

Reactions: Geo
Back