NAD Marshall sv20h

Briman24

I got a Marshall SV20H and SV212 cab in limited edition navy. Got a really good deal. Was used in studio less than 10 hours. It looks literally brand new and came in original boxes with all cables and paperwork.

I cannot believe how loud this thing is! Even on 5 watts it is too loud. My jcm800 2203 on 4 was about as loud as this thing on 1. I am buying a Weber Minimass attenuator tonight after work. I heard they work well with these amps.

Can't wait to be able to crank it up!
20240712_211316.jpg
20240713_001937.jpg

Been wanting to pick up one of these for a while. I guess I didn't read up enough that it has a 5 watt option. That might have just pushed it over the top. I've always loved playing through my plexis, but just too damn loud.

Been wanting to pick up one of these for a while. I guess I didn't read up enough that it has a 5 watt option. That might have just pushed it over the top. I've always loved playing through my plexis, but just too damn loud.

Yeah the standby switch on front is 5 watts (up) and 20 watts (down). Middle is standby.
I will post a link to my favorite youtube demo of it. It does amazing evh, SRV and Hendrix tones.

Been between one of these and an HDRX for a while. I have a hotrodded Plexi sound, but a real Plexi would be bitchin. How's the cleans on these?

Love mine! I got the white! And Loud. Yea. It’s Loud!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1580.jpeg
    IMG_1580.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
Well, a 20W amp should only be around 7dBs quieter than the 100W version when fully cranked lol

(of course we know that 100W Marshalls aren't really 100W, but still)

I don't have a SV20, but I have an Origin 50 (actually 2, the head and combo); the power at low is 5W; middle is 10W, and high is full 50W; I run it at mid, 10W. 5W isn't very loud IMO.

Not to rain on any parades; IMO for the price, the Origin 50 is often overlooked vs the studio series; my Origin gets JTM-45, JTM45/100 and plexi tones, and I have a 1959HW for comparison, I also run this very loud and wear earplugs even though I have an attenuator, I haven't used it.

I don't have a SV20, but I have an Origin 50 (actually 2, the head and combo); the power at low is 5W; middle is 10W, and high is full 50W; I run it at mid, 10W. 5W isn't very loud IMO.

Not to rain on any parades; IMO for the price, the Origin 50 is often overlooked vs the studio series; my Origin gets JTM-45, JTM45/100 and plexi tones, and I have a 1959HW for comparison, I also run this very loud and wear earplugs even though I have an attenuator, I haven't used it.

Yes I agree the origin can get into the ballpark of plexi tone and so can my jcm200 dsl 100 and my jcm800 but they don't have the plexi snarl and snap. But they are awesome amps at great prices. ( except the 800's lol)

Reactions: rsm
The Origin sounds cool, but I prefer the Plexi. The 800 in Jason's video sounds great.

Last edited:
Back