What’s the going rate for VHT 2150s??

• Thread starter Thread starter RaceU4her
  • Start date Start date
I would echo what Racer said, there's how many out there and the condition is a factor not to forget that these are among the the best power amps made so all in they would be at the top price wise. $4k may not be the current market as the market speaks now. What that price is atm I'm not sure since I was never that motivated to sell. They are the real deal and I wish you luck finding one bro.
For that kind of money one can get Strategy 400 I believe. Does VHT beat that?

Yeah I saw that one on CL. Even his Mesa 295 is overpriced. I saw a recent listing in Mass for a Fryette 2/90/2 or Mesa 2:90 for $650. That’s someone who’s actually pricing gear to sell in this market.

ive found more too good to be true deals on there than i can count last couple years, ive actually had to force myself to stop checking constantly cause i just get out of control with stuff i dont need

I would echo what Racer said, there's how many out there and the condition is a factor not to forget that these are among the the best power amps made so all in they would be at the top price wise. $4k may not be the current market as the market speaks now. What that price is atm I'm not sure since I was never that motivated to sell. They are the real deal and I wish you luck finding one bro.

im not even in the market for one, i was just curious if they shot through the roof at some point, would love to try it though.

ive found more too good to be true deals on there than i can count last couple years, ive actually had to force myself to stop checking constantly cause i just get out of control with stuff i dont need
You can always send me the stuff you don’t need 😂

For that kind of money one can get Strategy 400 I believe. Does VHT beat that?
Strategy 400’s have always been way cheaper. Even when prices on the market were at the highest I’d see them sometimes under $1500. I like the 2150 much more than the Strategy 400 I had, but I have to admit I stupidly didn’t know about the mono input at the time, so I’m guessing it can sound way bigger, but not necessarily better in sound quality

Strategy 400’s have always been way cheaper. Even when prices on the market were at the highest I’d see them sometimes under $1500. I like the 2150 much more than the Strategy 400 I had, but I have to admit I stupidly didn’t know about the mono input at the time, so I’m guessing it can sound way bigger, but not necessarily better in sound quality
Interesting, very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Why doesn’t that Fryette guy don’t make them anymore? I kinda can’t understand their business practices 🤔

I, being AJFA fanboy still want a Strategy 😁
Also come play my game 😁

Why doesn’t that Fryette guy don’t make them anymore? I kinda can’t understand their business practices 🤔

Also come play my game 😁
Look at the explosion of direct digital solutions and quiet stages to see why he wouldn’t want to bother making a tank of a power amp like the 2150 anymore. They probably don’t even sell a lot of the 2-90-2 either. If people wanted rack power for live they’d probably still want a small, portable footprint. He’s probably dragged his heels on a new UL because the market for 100 plus watt heads has seriously gone down and wants to focus on power stations etc. All guesses and supposition of course and Steve may or may not have already done his own vids on what’s what.

Look at the explosion of direct digital solutions and quiet stages to see why he wouldn’t want to bother making a tank of a power amp like the 2150 anymore. They probably don’t even sell a lot of the 2-90-2 either. If people wanted rack power for live they’d probably still want a small, portable footprint. He’s probably dragged his heels on a new UL because the market for 100 plus watt heads has seriously gone down and wants to focus on power stations etc. All guesses and supposition of course and Steve may or may not have already done his own vids on what’s what.
I mean UberUltras went like hot cakes, Ultraleads usually don’t stay on sale for long either. And if people didn’t want 2150, they wouldn’t be sought after right?

Also come play my game 😁
I don’t think any us of understand it lol. He should make more of them again. For AJFA the Boogie stuff of course would get closer to that sound

Last edited:
I mean UberUltras went like hot cakes, Ultraleads usually don’t stay on sale for long either. And if people didn’t want 2150, they wouldn’t be sought after right?
You’re talking about forum talk and the guitar forum community. That’s a very niche market compared to the guitar and amp market in general. UL’s sell quickly because there’s been hardly any around for a while. So people have eaten higher prices from low supply. Any “legendary” piece of gear that is loud and heavy will be sought after but not by the vast majority of musicians and touring professionals. It will be guys like us with a Madison Square Basement, where we don’t have to transport it or utilize it in stage environments that don’t want it. Cracking the volume to 1 on something like a 2150..lol
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about 100 watt heads but I’m also nearly 54 and haven’t played live in 17 years.

Back