I remember back in the HCAF days you posted a vid ( way before smart phones .... when posting vids was rare as hell ) I think you had like eight going ..... I just remember a wall full of 4 x12 's ..... could have been four .... but I think it was more
I posted a few videos running eight 4x12’s. That was a long time ago. Hahah.

No one around here uses 412’s anymore really. I only ever see a couple every now and then. Haven’t used mine in many many years…..couple 212’s do the job.

What’s funny to me is moving a 4x12 with casters is much easier than dealing with a 2x12 w/out casters. Load in and out you had a tall narrow dolly for your amp head and guitar case.
Not unless you have a single handle in the middle

4wlorOgl.jpg

Not unless you have a single handle in the middle

4wlorOgl.jpg
How does that make it easier when I’m taking everything in and out in one go with the 4x12 wheels and only dealing with the weight of a back pack and the brief moment of lifting the cab onto a stage if there’s no ramp?

lifting the cab onto a stage if there’s no ramp?
Keep in mind I don't gig so your point is very valid and based on experience. Casters would be great if there are ramps all along the path but if you have to go up stairs, I was just thinking a 212 cab in one hand and your head in the other hand would be easier :dunno:

(there is a lay-up joke in there if anyone needs it) :LOL:

Keep in mind I don't gig so your point is very valid and based on experience. Casters would be great if there are ramps all along the path but if you have to go up stairs, I was just thinking a 212 cab in one hand and your head in the other hand would be easier :dunno:

(there is a lay-up joke in there if anyone needs it) :LOL:
Stairs!! Fuck, that’s when the gig gets played with a Takamine, a rat and a D.I.!

Moving with the times…. They’ll come back… always do.
I doubt it, unless rock gets dangerous again. Right now we are heading toward in ear monitors and silent stages , with the exception being where you find local heavier live music.

I have a couple of the heaviest and biggest 412s known to man, and boy do they sound good. Mesa halfback 412 and Vox super deluxe 412 with the trolley.

I doubt it, unless rock gets dangerous again. Right now we are heading toward in ear monitors and silent stages , with the exception being where you find local heavier live music.

I have a couple of the heaviest and biggest 412s known to man, and boy do they sound good. Mesa halfback 412 and Vox super deluxe 412 with the trolley.
Got to admit if I was going to play bass with anybody, even though it would be my first choice, the thought of doing even a V4B is just horrific.

Got to admit if I was going to play bass with anybody, even though it would be my first choice, the thought of doing even a V4B is just horrific.
The v4b while not as heavy as an svt, it still a heavy amp. I love my 73 ampeg v4. I have a couple of switches to switch in the coupling caps to v4b values. It’s a killer guitar and bass amp, but the thought of selling my ampeg svt3pro and having to heft the v4 for gigs if I start gigging on bass again is kind of scary. I think lugging the v4 would get old really quick.

Back