I know the economy is bad but ……

As far as my brother in US reports, economy is not bad, it is FUCKED.

No jobs, no remotely acceptable hour rates. Current state of things reminds me of my own country, which is far from flourishing.

Also prices on gear are fucking insane still.
Unfortunately our only options at the moment are, keep the printing presses going 24/7 or start over.

I don't think these next couple years are going to good for amp builders, get what you want while you can.
I specifically meant the used market- new prices are always subject to the economic reality that the builders exist within, and I don’t have the audacity to pretend I know much about the direction of the economy outside of what people will pay for amps

Reactions: Geo
I don't think these next couple years are going to good for amp builders, get what you want while you can.
Bogner sold good with their Uber Ultra it seems, so I don’t worry for makers too much.

It is mostly second hand market being insane. IIc+ prices are as ridiculous as they were during the pandemic.

Guitars could be a good investment, they are only going to go up in price.
Not left handed guitars!

Mainly been focused on having sufficient cash savings and paying extra off my mortgage currently, once that’s gone maybe I’ll look into investing but unlikely with commodities.

Not left handed guitars!

Mainly been focused on having sufficient cash savings and paying extra off my mortgage currently, once that’s gone maybe I’ll look into investing but unlikely with commodities.
Not having any debt is a wonderful position to be in. You can't go wrong with that.

I don’t disagree- there are some amps which are good investments- which is a shame- I don’t like when hobbies become a way to make money- I’d rather the amp market crash and more people be able to try cool stuff
I prefer guitars.

As far as my brother in US reports, economy is not bad, it is FUCKED.

No jobs, no remotely acceptable hour rates. Current state of things reminds me of my own country, which is far from flourishing.

Also prices on gear are fucking insane still.
inflation is and has been happening pretty much across the globe. Many places much much worse than the US.
We just complain about it the most lol

• Haha
inflation is and has been happening pretty much across the globe. Many places much much worse than the US.
We just complain about it the most lol
That is why I talk about my brother reporting, he lived both here and in US.

US is ofc better than a lot of countries (at least if you have parents home and some inheritance), but not for long at this rate.

Back