⚡️💥🔥 lightning strike - the tubes light up✨

Markedman

6:30 AM Saturday, a lightning strike hit my underground dog fence line which led to a fire in my house and my Mesa Boogie amp not making any sound. The tubes light up but the lights on the front don’t. No sound other than a little something from the speakers from the power amp section.
I also lost a lot of really good pedals!! 😣

Are there any internal fuses just for the Mark V35 preamp?

Luckily, I had a fire extinguisher handy and was able to put the fire out in a few seconds, but there was quite a shit show with the fire department showing up.

Sorry about the fire :(
Not a tech here.
Usually it is the other way around (no tubes, LEDs fine)
Blown fuse makes sense, but in this situation I'd take it to a qualified tech for a once over :yes:

Fuck. What caught fire? Trying to wrap my head around what happened to start a fire.
Lightening strike.
?
He had an invisible dog fence it sounds like and the lightening struck that (somehow - maybe it wasn't grounded properly?) which then raced down the power line to the house and then zapped some stuff in his house (including his amp) and also started a fire in the house (not near the amp?). That's how I read it. That shit can happen which is why you want an amp and other high end stuff on surge protected strip (circuit).

I think :dunno:

No ground rod? Meter melt? Breaker box arc? I know it’s a lightning strike….next time I will try to be more specific….

Sounds like a grounding issue to me. I have a decent amount of experience with electrical wiring, etc. no master or anything but that was my immediate thought.

The amp is on its way back to Mesa Boogie. I haven’t decided whether to get the effects pedals fixed. They are as follows, a Cowboys from Hell Wahwah pedal, a polytune tuner, a corona reverb unit and a GCX controller.

It’s strange that three out of seven we’re affected, but the power supply works fine.

Electricity is some strange shit ⚡

The amp is on its way back to Mesa Boogie. I haven’t decided whether to get the effects pedals fixed. They are as follows, a Cowboys from Hell Wahwah pedal, a polytune tuner, a corona reverb unit and a GCX controller.

It’s strange that three out of seven we’re affected, but the power supply works fine.

Electricity is some strange shit ⚡
I hope the amp is okay bro

Back