I know the economy is bad but ……

This is what happens when the government / FR floods the "lock-down" economy with approximately $3.8 Trillion of printed / fiat currency in the space of 36 months under the guise of an "emergency" to address a novel virus with a mortality rate well under 1%. Any reasonable person that passed a 4th grade economics class could have told you that these actions would lead to uncontrollable inflation and thereby facilitate impactful limits on discretionary spending by average Americans (like the ones who buy amps).

I'm buying gear. Guitars, amps, software, but this year mostly keyboards; probably spent more than $15K on keyboards alone so far this year, with another one on back order for $3K; probably get another EBMM Majesty 6 before the end of the year.

FTW, as long as I have electricity at my house to run my gear. :cool:

It is true
thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

Amps are not moving at my local shop at all, been that way for over a year. guitars are moving, but slow.

I went from only buying amps that were great deals, to being out of room and money. I am not buying anything.
I was going to do a pretty big sell off, but am just waiting.

For me amp repairs. Still as strong as ever, so go figure

People are listing older used amps for astronomical prices. I'm seeing amps being listed for double or more of what you used to be able to get them for just a few short years ago. It's just snowballing. I think I remember seeing a Dual Rectifier Rev C listed here for like $3500 in 2020? One recently sold on Reverb for $6000. Just too much, it's all too much.

I'd rather put my spare money into my investments and have a comfy retirement than keep buying crazy amp/guitar prices. My investments are up a mind boggling amount these past 4 years so, that's more worth it than trying to flip amps.

Last edited:
This is what happens when the government / FR floods the "lock-down" economy with approximately $3.8 Trillion of printed / fiat currency in the space of 36 months under the guise of an "emergency" to address a novel virus with a mortality rate well under 1%. Any reasonable person that passed a 4th grade economics class could have told you that these actions would lead to uncontrollable inflation and thereby facilitate impactful limits on discretionary spending by average Americans (like the ones who buy amps).
I Look at my 3rd grade transfer report from Economics class to Grade 4 Jazz Dance Improv…

Face palm Medium.jpeg

Outside of the economy being absulutley fucked, I think for a lot of people this is their “summer hobby time”. I don’t know about you guys but this time of year I like to do outdoor stuff since it’s light 16hours a day and warm out.
I think that slows sales down a fair bit, and disposable income is going to go towards a warm weather hobby, and amps sales will ramp back up in the fall (economy permitting).

There are just too many great amps out there. It’s saturated. Combine little to no benefit of buying new with people asking way too much for used, and you get a lot of gear sitting around. I can’t say i’ve ever had a listing go longer than a week because I price things fairly
Yup--Starting out years ago I had one amp and had to keep it going . Now I have 20 but can still only play one at a time. It doesn't make a bit of sense.

Outside of the economy being absulutley fucked, I think for a lot of people this is their “summer hobby time”. I don’t know about you guys but this time of year I like to do outdoor stuff since it’s light 16hours a day and warm out.
I think that slows sales down a fair bit, and disposable income is going to go towards their warm weather hobby, and amps sales will ramp back up in the fall (economy permitting).
Yeah, like the brainiacs trapsing around Death Valley to see if it’s really that hot…😂

Death Valley Medium.jpeg

That is why I talk about my brother reporting, he lived both here and in US.

US is ofc better than a lot of countries (at least if you have parents home and some inheritance), but not for long at this rate.
That reserve currency status is the gift that keeps on giving. Fucking every other country, it's awesome.

Reactions: rsm
I’m waiting for people to stop asking ridiculous prices in Australia. Seen the same amps advertised for 12months plus because everyone thinks their stuff is worth double what it is.

Back