• Thread starter Thread starter skoora
  • Start date Start date
The v4b while not as heavy as an svt, it still a heavy amp. I love my 73 ampeg v4. I have a couple of switches to switch in the coupling caps to v4b values. It’s a killer guitar and bass amp, but the thought of selling my ampeg svt3pro and having to heft the v4 for gigs if I start gigging on bass again is kind of scary. I think lugging the v4 would get old really quick.
There’s a used one locally I would love to get but I just can’t with that weight. The neck surgery I had last year has ended amps over 50lbs for me

I doubt it, unless rock gets dangerous again. Right now we are heading toward in ear monitors and silent stages , with the exception being where you find local heavier live music.

I have a couple of the heaviest and biggest 412s known to man, and boy do they sound good. Mesa halfback 412 and Vox super deluxe 412 with the trolley.
Agreed.

I have Chili Peppers tickets for current tour. Pretty sure they will be mostly analog.

Keep in mind I don't gig so your point is very valid and based on experience. Casters would be great if there are ramps all along the path but if you have to go up stairs, I was just thinking a 212 cab in one hand and your head in the other hand would be easier :dunno:

(there is a lay-up joke in there if anyone needs it) :LOL:

I don't gig anymore, but as a small 5'6 guy, I would prefer the 4x12 because that would be two trips for me regardless :ROFLMAO:

Go big or go home lol

Although in all fairness I've never owned a 212 with sth like a center handle I can hold.

There’s a used one locally I would love to get but I just can’t with that weight. The neck surgery I had last year has ended amps over 50lbs for me
That stinks about the neck surgery, it must be tough to be on a lifting restriction or pay for it big time if you don’t obey it. A few years ago was the year of the ampeg, a bunch of vintage ones came in for service, I think I repaired 6 or 7 that year, including a few v4b, which are a pain to recap, but worth it.

That stinks about the neck surgery, it must be tough to be on a lifting restriction or pay for it big time if you don’t obey it. A few years ago was the year of the ampeg, a bunch of vintage ones came in for service, I think I repaired 6 or 7 that year, including a few v4b, which are a pain to recap, but worth it.
The worst is it took me out of my job and I’ve been out of work since. I’m most qualified to do technician type jobs that all require over 50lbs lifting ability or ladders and tight spaces and that’s all a no now. I have decent savings but I need to fucking work if I’m going to have any chance at building my IRA’s and investments to a decent retirement. Throw in we have a serious problem with ghost jobs for data mining, trying to find something that pays Ok has been a challenge to say the least.

Back