I know the economy is bad but ……

Where should I start with this
A diverse portfolio can be good. You can start with a HYSA to hold funds until you know where to put them. You can do crypto. You can do an index fund like VOO or SPY. Commodities. Diversify with all. But at least do a HYSA minimum so it doesn’t chip away alllll the cash over time to inflation. It’ll slow the bleeding vs simple low interest from a normal savings account

I've bought a few rarely seen brands cheapish lately...just for shits and giggles. There's only a few high end brands I want, and I doubt I'd ever spend big for those amps anyway at this point.

I managed to sell all the gear I wanted to sell over the last couple of years, and buy most of the gear I wanted; I have one guitar for sale, but then the company did a new reissue since I listed it. May have to lower my price, but I'm not in any hurry.

I purchased several amps and several guitars last year, only a few keyboards.

This year, I purchased two amps (one that needs some work), two guitars and around 8 new keyboards, not including another keyboard on backorder, estimated to ship late August for total of 9 new keyboards this year; so far.

1-2 more guitars I want, maybe 1-2 more amps; and several more keyboards... but I'm out of room.

I don't think these next couple years are going to good for amp builders, get what you want while you can.
I’ve been thinking about this as well. The boutique builders must have some stock left over, but as we head closer to 2025, things are looking bleak

Reactions: Geo
I've bought a few rarely seen brands cheapish lately...just for shits and giggles. There's only a few high end brands I want, and I doubt I'd ever spend big for those amps anyway at this point.
Dude you got the most expensive amp on here lol

I have been putting more money into paying off my house, and retirement/investment accounts.

I have too much gear the way it is, lol. I traded in something like 18 pedals a few weeks ago, and I dont even notice. As I am getting older, I am also getting more minimalist in different areas of life, and feel like I already have about 10x the amount of gear I actually need.

A diverse portfolio can be good. You can start with a HYSA to hold funds until you know where to put them. You can do crypto. You can do an index fund like VOO or SPY. Commodities. Diversify with all. But at least do a HYSA minimum so it doesn’t chip away alllll the cash over time to inflation. It’ll slow the bleeding vs simple low interest from a normal savings account

Good advice. My high yield is at 5.31% return right now. Takes like 30 mins to sign up and 5 days to transfer the funds. As close to risk free as you can get and you’ll minimize losing value due to inflation every year.

You can make more in different markets but the risk is higher. It all depends on your age and where you are in life.

Fuck, I'm paying a shit ton for everything and going to the market 2-3 times a week.
Companies are fucking us with smaller products for more money.
Example: I buy these granola bars and they're sneaking in amounts of nut shells to make weight. Fucking pirates.
Shit a 20lb bag of charcoal is now twice the price and only like 16lbs. I go thru a lot of charcoal :cry:

Attachments

• 435045D2-6F71-46A7-BB4C-633B9691094C.jpeg
    435045D2-6F71-46A7-BB4C-633B9691094C.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 11
Good advice. My high yield is at 5.31% return right now. Takes like 30 mins to sign up and 5 days to transfer the funds. As close to risk free as you can get and you’ll minimize losing value due to inflation every year.

You can make more in different markets but the risk is higher. It all depends on your age and where you are in life.
Maybe the only commodity that has kept up with inflation is gold. It was $1821 in October 23 and now it's at $2468.

Back