An album that’s hated by hard rock fans…

But man this tone is fucking cool . This is fender twins right !?

That album is in my Top 10 greatest rock records ever made. Total game changer. I didn't hear any of the songs until the early 90's. The first time heard it, I realized right away why that album is so revered. Steve's guitar sounds are a sonic explosion. And Paul Cook is a ridiculouly underrated drummer...taste and rock solid timing!

And when they got back togther in 2007, they friggin' brought it. Steve's tone is pure Gibson Les Paul/Marshall JCM800 whoopass.

Last edited:
I had no idea that it was a fender twin. I have certainly never gotten my sf twin reverb to have that breakup on its own. Was era fender twin was it?
1721259931726.png

Given he stole it in 1976 I'd venture to guess a silver panel as those started production in the late 60s, though I guess there's always the chance the one he had was older since we know he didn't buy it new...just a lot of years between production start of silver panels and him acquiring it so odds are it's a silver. Don't know why the photo looks gold, but still think it's a silver.

I've got a brown/black panel Showman (exact same circuit as a Twin) and have never had it distort like that either, so also makes me feel like it's a silver panel (not that I know how the distortion on all those circuits sounds considering I use mine for cleans lol).

That album is in my Top 10 greatest rock records ever made. Total game changer. I didn't hear any of the songs until the early 90's. The first time heard it, I realized right away why that album is so revered. Steve's guitar sounds are a sonic explosion. And Paul Cook is a ridiculouly underrated drummer...taste and rock solid timing!

And when they got back togther in 2007, they friggin' brought it. Steve's tone is pure Gibson Les Paul/Marshall JCM800 whoopass.

They really did bring it ! I was shucked but they were great at that time

Back