I know the economy is bad but ……

I have witnessed this more and more recently. People who drastically overpaid for an amp/guitar/pedal and now get pissed when they realize they are totally under water on their "investment". I said it during covid when gear skyrocketed...buy it if you really want it and plan to keep it...but don't get mad later down the line when you realize you overpaid.

I regret not selling a bunch of my gear during covid. I could probably buy most of it back now at 1/2 price.

I have never seen amps sit so long that people always ask for . What other factors play a role on the market being this way ?
Like him or hate him, #45 did a lot of good but he needed at least 4 more years to start this economy flowing the way it would…

Groceries are ABSURD
Fuel is ABSURD
Secondary prices are ABSURD

Not being rude, what else is there to know? My house is 3x the “value” it was when I bought it in 2010… houses I look at now were $150,000, 200,000 2-5 years ago… people want $600,000 now…. The economy is HORRIBLE… who prioritizes gear?

What’s REALLY bad is guys like us love quality tube amps, quality gear… stores going out of business (agree with their models or not) is a HORRIBLE sign that it’s only gonna be worse.

Up and coming generation isn’t gonna be shopping for a tube amp, not a good one anyway. LTD’s, Mexican Strats retailing over 1k?

Factor ALL that in with the “I know what I got” mentality and it’s a disaster…

Gonna be a long hard decade. Just my .02

POTUSi get credit for things over which they have very little (or zero) power/influence.
Agree to disagree. Britain just held a public display begging the US to save the world, use our heads and elect #45 (similar to multiple countries when Trump was running in 2020) Nobody out here crying "Save the world, re-elect Biden".. Ymmv.

Agree to disagree. Britain just held a public display begging the US to save the world, use our heads and elect #45
Where/when was that?

I moved to the UK well over a decade ago (yeah, I know: FL misses its favorite half-Limey) and yet I (and it seems, almost everyone else here) entirely failed to notice this one.

I heard that the U.K. is buying up a lot of the U.S. debt.

2 broke countries buying each others debt, that's going to work out swell.

Where/when was that?

I moved to the UK well over a decade ago (yeah, I know: FL misses its favorite half-Limey) and yet I (and it seems, almost everyone else here) entirely failed to notice this one.
We might all have different views on the matter, but I guess no one disagrees that in these last 4 years this woke/left shit with it’s forced diversity thing and cancel culture ruined movies and games badly.

I’m not even remotely close to US, yet the impact is felt. And it’s not a good one.

Thankfully they fumbled bad on box office and we might see changes. Backlash from gamers community does a lot too.

Where/when was that?

The Metropolitan Police broke it up, since only the invaders and their supporters can protest. :D

then there's Leeds

• Sad
Reactions: Geo
The Metropolitan Police broke it up, since only the invaders and their supporters can protest. :D

then there's Leeds

The Met broke *what* up? A combined #45 and neo-Nazi march in London?

And you're saying the rioters in Leeds were trying to get #45 elected?

:ROFLMAO:

Back