NAD Marshall sv20h

Curious, have any of you had a master volume installed on one of these SV20's? I currently have a Rockitt Retro 100 with a master, and found it more useful than my old 1959SLP with a hot plate. Still needs some volume to get it sounding good.

Just been thinking about my Orange OR15, and how I prefer the "feel" of it in 15 watts over 7 watts. Seems like this thing is still pretty loud when you crank it up to get that beautiful drive tones. It would be nice to back it down just a hair for my late night jams.

These are ridiculously loud. I got one when they first came out, and did not care for it. Even got a PS-2, and it sounded like shit. I also much prefer the Mini Jube.

These get good reviews and they sound good to my ears. They also are bringing down prices on the used market as more make their way out into the wild. The big daddies are still going in the 2k-3k range for reissue or " vintage". Why anyone would pay that forb a reissue is beyond me. The old ones have the right iron.

On a side note, i was talking to an amp tech this evening and he was saying the build quality of these newer marshalls is lacking. Components too. But that said, if it sits in a basement and doesn't have to move a lot...sounds good to me.

Back