What Attenuators with a Loop besides Fryette?

You can make your own diy power station with a reactive load, then take the line out into your effects, then take the effects return to a power amp of your choice.

I have not seen any traditional attenuators with a loop, only reampers like the power station, waza TAE, etc.

Love the PS 100 for this because it also has the second channel which I use for a bit extra punch when I’m not hearing “me”. The foot pedal is nice.

What else is available that has a loop?

The Fryette is able to have a loop because it's not really an attenuator in the true sense of the word. It's a combination of a reactive load and tube poweramp built into one device. The effects loop is placed between the reactive load's line level out and the input of the power section which is the only real way it can exist.

No standalone attenuator can give you an effects loop because it won't drop the signal low enough to accommodate line level effects, and after that, it won't be able to boost the volume back up to tube poweramp levels from line level.

Boss Waza TAE is the only other thing in its league, except then it has all those additional digital things.

Just curious if there's a reason you don't wanna just get a Powerstation

I'll never be without mine again tbh

Back