NPD: ‘80’s Yamaha OD-10M

braintheory

Got this pedal a few days ago. It’s a killer and cheap ‘80’s MIJ boost/overdrive pedal. It sounds sort of like a much better ‘80’s SD-1 or other old Boss’s I had in the past. It feels great and is really tight and punchy without being at all clanky like a TC Pre or thin/small like an SD-1. Still pretty thick. Doesn’t have the 3D Magic/complexity of my Klon, but is tighter and more transparent in some ways. My 2nd favorite boost currently. I’ve got 6 more vintage Yamaha OD pedals on the way to try all. I don’t expect to like them as much, but you never know

I hate how noisy my SD-1 is and I wish I had a version that also didn’t cut the bass and just boosted the mids. It’s not my end all be all pedal but it does a job well.

I hate how noisy my SD-1 is and I wish I had a version that also didn’t cut the bass and just boosted the mids. It’s not my end all be all pedal but it does a job well.
I don’t remember how noisy the ‘80’s SD-1 I had was (too long ago), but this pedal is a little less noisy than my Klon as reference. It’s a lot beefier than I remember my SD-1 being and seems to be pretty flat vs the SD-1’s mid boost

The Yamaha AMD-100 I got today can boost the mids a lot and cut bass, but I like it a lot too so far

Nice; I have this 80's Yamaha Phaser and think it's really good

I imagine most of their pedals fuck pretty hard

qtniq3mno2r6bgn30onq.jpg

Isn’t that what the Zack Wylde MXR OD is? An SD-1 with no bass loss?

Nice; I have this 80's Yamaha Phaser and think it's really good

I imagine most of their pedals fuck pretty hard

qtniq3mno2r6bgn30onq.jpg
Cool! That’s from the first series of pedals they made. Seems like they made good stuff in general and got underrated somehow. I’ve got 2 of their overdrive pedals so far and both are very good. Will see how the other 5 coming compare

Got now also an ODE-100, OD-100, AMD-100, BD-100 and on the way still an OD-01, OD-10MII and PE-01. The OD-10M is still my favorite of the bunch, but all of them are cool. The ODE-100 is my 2nd favorite currently

Back